Scrolling changes the speed of the studio camera

In Settings > Studio you have “Camera Speed” and “Camera Shift Speed”. If your shiftspeed is only a 1/5th of the regular speed, your camera will move 5x slower while holding shift. Shouldn’t be too difficult to have a plugin change this camera (shift) speed.

15 Likes

i think this just came true for some reason

5 Likes

and its actually horrible, do you know how to disable it?

1 Like

nvm I figuted it out how to disable it

2 Likes

Mind sharing how? I can’t seem to find it.

1 Like

How do you disable it? It very frustrating since i always used scroll wheel before.

2 Likes

can you please share how?
this has been bugging me a lot, as it ruins my work flow. and, probably ruining many others aswell!

3 Likes

You can now quickly adjust the movement speed of the camera by holding down the right mouse button and scrolling at the same time. Scrolling up will increase the speed and scrolling down will decrease the speed.

This can be disabled completely under File>Beta Features>New Studio Camera Controls, but I have found it pretty helpful already.

10 Likes

This also just started happening to me, and it doesn’t even seem helpful. Holding right click to turn my camera while scrolling to zoom at the same time is something that I do very often. Now every time that I do that, my whole studio freezes for a second to change the camera speed which is very frustrating. The idea behind it sounds alright, but I think it should be on a different bind that doesn’t conflict so much.

Thank you for the solution though, I was very confused.

4 Likes

i think this broke my studio, as i can no longer move my camera when i run an experience on the server. my camera becomes fixated in one spot, and i cannot move or rotate it.

i can still drag things around, and interact, but i cant move my camera.

2 Likes

yup, i just turned off the beta feature and my camera works normally now.

1 Like

This causes more problems than solutions unfortunately :confused:

1 Like

This post has been made in 2017 and it only came out now, but most of us who are used to holding right click to turn camera and scrolling to move forward hate it.

2 Likes

As someone who is used to Blender’s camera, I am so glad this was added. The old camera controls were painful to get around with. They were slow, clunky, and having to change the speed through settings, and restarting studio every time, is a terrible workflow.

Right click + scroll really isn’t that bad of a keybind, as it makes changing the camera move speed more fluid and natural. It also makes it more inline with other software, and standardization is great.

I think this is going to be like the release of Blender 2.8. Initially, people hated 2.8 because it was different, and people were used to the old way of doing things. But now, Blender 2.8 is regarded as making the UI easier to understand, and making it easier on the eyes.

1 Like

I’ve been also having the same issue, this only occurs when you are holding the Right-mouse button and scrolling. This bug also seems to increase your Camera Speed and drops the FPS significantly.

i agree with most of you i want this feature to be banished

1 Like

please tell us how to disable it!!

This is part of the new beta feature for camera navigation - beta features are used to get updates out to developers to get community feedback before releasing them for everyone.

How To Fix

In Roblox Studio, open ‘File’ (on the top left of the window), navigate to “Beta Features”, and find “New Studio Camera Controls”. Disable the beta feature by un-checking the highlighted checkbox. Restart Studio.

You can additionally opt-out of the Beta Channel as shown above, to make sure that beta features won’t automatically be enabled without your explicit permission.

1 Like

the problem is not the fact that this feature exists, the problem is that there’s (as of right now) no way to disable it in built-in studio settings other than going to the beta feature itself, disabling it and restarting studio. i’m starting to think this will be a new default, but with the weird tweening bug happening all over the place (Camera suddenly goes backwards) i hope not.

I made a feature request