The Camera Speed Change Keybinds needs to be replaced

As a roblox developer, It’s currently too hard to go around a huge map, as I don’t want to use the camera speed change, and I want to Scroll while Right Clicking, Everytime I do that, this pops up

which is annoying for me, even for my game with a baseplate and a maze, and I want to add some stuff at the end of a baseplate, The key could be replaced with Alt + RMB, I understand that it’s a beta feature, so I had to disable it to use it normally, but I would reactivate it when roblox fixes this issue

If roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience so I can reach to the end of a baseplate without having to get annoyed by this pop up

22 Likes

It’s already been discussed and fixes before the actual release are suggested here: Camera & Navigation Improvements [Beta] - #67 by sicknoobie

3 Likes

the reason I made this feature request is because I want it to be in a topic, not in a reply, and that thing is still up

2 Likes

Please do this, this is currently disrupting my workflow or at least add the ability to change the keybind in settings.

3 Likes

Feature requests belong in topics, not on announcements. Link to your topic on the announcement, don’t make your topic in the announcement replies. CC @Scottifly

2 Likes

Hi @VSCPlays

@Bug-Support is not a group meant to send Feature Requests (as the name implies). However, we were approving some of them from time to time, that we considered were worth being heard by our engineers! And was only done for the sake of the developers! It seems that we should stick 100% to our main objective, which are bug reports and only that should have been, as there are many developers waiting for our response!

I hope I made it more clear what’s our group’s main purpose! :slight_smile:
Thanks for understanding!

3 Likes

ok, I understand what you mean, but I wouldn’t have mentioned you :confused:

THANK YOU ROBLOX FOR FINALLY FIXING THIS!!!

now It seems like this feature request is solved by roblox

it’s not fully fixed yet, but you can disable it in the settings by pressing FILE at the top corner and pressing the highlighted section (Studio Settings…)

or alternatively, you can press Alt | ⌥ + S

and then you are already at studio section so you don’t have to go to any section, then hit the highlighted part (Scroll Wheel Adjusts Free-Camera Speed) and make it disabled then close the settings

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.