Scrolling seems fixed in Roblox client regardless system settings

Mouse scrolling seems “fixed” in the Roblox client. I am so used to inverted scrolling and it seems like that I can’t change it. Notable usage in zooming, everything is backwards for me there. Have anyone noticed?

1. Start a random game that allows zooming with camera.
  2. Zoom in and out with down and respectively up.
  3. Zooming is completely “fixed”.

Note: Bug does not reproduce in Roblox Studio APS. No settings were changed prior to discovery.

I’m completely perplexed when I first tried scrolling in-game. I thought it was my settings, but it turned out nothing was out of the ordinary with it. Tested in two different games and the results are mixed first. Encountering this bug ruins the experience through muscle memory.

Discovery was made today.

Testing
Test conducted in Studio. Results were negative for the “fixed” scrolling; it doesn’t reproduce.
Test conducted in a random game. Three times with positive results.
Test conducted in personal game. Checked client and server log but there was no errors. Concluded that the bug is outside the game environment but in client.
Test conducted by reinstalling the client and testing the same aforementioned game. Results turned out to not solve the problem.

Current Specs
The specs are found here except the version is currently 10.14.6.

Edit:
I believe this has something to do with the trackpad update. Somehow the existence of a trackpad can override the setting and cause scrolling(zooming) to be inverted in the behavior.

5 Likes

I am also experiencing this. Also running macOS Mojave, except on a Mac Mini, not a laptop with a trackpad. Seems to work just fine in studio, as stated, however when I join a ROBLOX game, the scroll directions are all weird.

Me too. I’m on a macOS Mojave. MacBook Pro. It’s inconvenient in-game because I have to press Shift I to zoom in or Shift O to zoom out. I can’t scroll with the trackpad like before.

I did not like the experience of the new trackpad behavior. I would do request for an option to revert to legacy behavior. I was not really prepared nor anticipating for the update.

2 Likes