ScrollingFrame.AutomaticCanvasSize not working with UIListLayout and/or AutomaticSized Children

Hi @Ty_Harukii

The issue has been fixed, we just need to turn on a flag which will be in the next update or much sooner!

5 Likes

Has this update been rolled out?

If so, I haven’t noticed any different behavior with UIListLayouts.

Here are some screenshots from the latest studio version using the AutomaticCanvasSizeExample.rbxm from the original post.

Click to view screenshots

UIListLayout :no_entry_sign:

Screenshot_4230

1 Like

Not yet unfortunately!

It should have come out already, but some more complex issues came across that our team needs to handle currently, so they don’t interfere with the fix!

I will let you know here as soon as the fix will be shipped!

12 Likes

Hi focia, Any update on this, because I’m having severe issues with Automatic size not working in any shape or form

2 Likes

Hey, its now May 18th, will you guys fix this problem or not cause I’m still experiencing it in my game.

1 Like

Facing issues that might be related to this bug as well, using AutomaticCanvasSize, UIGridLayout (works with offset but not scale CellSize, scale completely breaks it) and UIPadding.

Edit: Fixed my issues by ditching UIPadding completely and instead using a Frame with Position and Size to emulate the padding behavior, which works for me.

Not entirely sure if this bug correlates with the issues I came across anymore.

And the issue once again, returns.
Seems like the CanvasSize doesn’t get updated if you use AutomaticCanvasSize combined with UIPadding or a Frame that uses Scale for positioning or padding (think Y padding).

3 Likes

This is still a very frustrating issue!!! And also when the auto size does work it does not account for UIPadding

3 Likes

Putting an image label into a frame breaks the scroll wheel…

I have a scrolling frame with a UiListLayout and 4 frames inside. The first 3 frames have image labels inside of them. As soon as I put an image label onto the fourth frame the scroll wheel disappears and doesn’t work anymore. Shown below:

4th frame is without an image label and the scroll wheel is visible and working

4th frame with an image label and the scrolling wheel disappears and not working

4 Likes

Yeah, you are right! It really was an issue of UIScale I’d used during testing so I could better see the GUI. But I want to use UIScale in normal use too and if it breaks scrolling, it is really frustrating.

What’s more, even CanvasSize is broken when UIScale is applied.
I’ve made a simple function to fix AutomaticCanvassize:

local Absolute = Menu:FindFirstChildWhichIsA("UIListLayout").AbsoluteContentSize
Menu.CanvasSize = UDim2.new(0, Absolute.X, 0, Absolute.Y)

But again, the actual CanvasSize is multiplied with UIScale.Scale. You can see that when you just use Menu.CanvasSize = UDim2.new(0, 0, 0, 50) and if the Menu is inside an object with UIScale, Menu.AbsoluteCanvasSize is equal to UDim2.new(0, 0, 0, 50 * UIScale.Scale). Whyyy :sob:

2 Likes

Hey, we’re halfway through 2023 now, and I still have endless issues with AutomaticCanvasSize not correctly accounting for UIConstraints. We have to do strange manual fixes (which do not always work, seemingly device dependant), such as waiting when adding/removing content to the frame before getting content size, or manually calculating it without using any of the properties of the frame, as they seem to be inaccurate.

Not accounting for padding, and not updating the AbsoluteContentSize correctly, both seem to be issues still.

8 Likes

This bug also annoys me. As same when the childrens size was non-constant (changeable anytime), then it breaks. Always this annoying glitch.

1000 years later and It’s still not resolved. What yall doing in the offices?

6 Likes

Bumping this. Still an issue with UIListLayout and UIGridLayout,

Yea, I keep having the same bug. It’s very annoying because it almost always cuts things off or just leaves a huge empty space. Please fix this @Focia19, automatic canvas size would be a nice feature if it was functional…

I have an issue wjere the .AutomaticSize property doesn’t work sometimes, and sometimes it does. It’s really inconsistent but still happens. This only appears to happen in scrolling frames or UIListLayouts

Hi @HeyWhatsHisFace, I just checked and it looks like the original scrollbar bug you posted about has been fixed:

Just wondering if you could verify it’s been fixed on your end?

For others who have posted on the thread, would you be able to post repro files + expected behavior for us to take a look at? We have some guidelines for posting bug reports here.

Also, for people who have permissions, could you please create a separate bug report for your issue? It’s easier for us to track bugs with separate reports, thanks!

Two years and this bug still hasn’t been fixed. When using UI elements in this sort of scenario, I fully expect the ScrollingFrame to take the AbsoluteContentSize of the UIListLayout and apply that to its CanvasSize automatically. However, it seems I need to continue dedicating code to work around this bug.

Testing.rbxl (58.7 KB)

1 Like

Hi thank you for reporting and providing a repro place file!

I have reopened this ticket because the bug is still occurring in the place. It looks like the automatic canvas Y size doesn’t take into account the GuiObject.SizeConstraint=RelativeXX property that is set on the children.

Any updates on this? @CharlieGordonnn

1 Like

Hi, the issue in this original post has been verified fixed. If you are experiencing another issue related, it may not have the same root cause if it’s not fixed by this update. Please file another bug report following this guideline. Thank you!