Seamless stock materials across multiple parts, Strategies to overcome

I searched around quite a bit, but couldn’t find anyone that discussed this. The only thing I found was this feature suggestion:

The problem seems pretty obvious though (seamless materials across multiple parts), so I may be missing something, or like the post says, seamless materials across multiple parts simply are impossible in roblox.

If so, what strategies folks using to deal with this problem?

Here’s a pic of an example of the issues. Two simple block parts with the cobblestone material:

seams.PNG

1 Like

I dont know if i understand your post good, but to deal with this problem im using Union.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s still happening sadly. It’s true that’s it’s still happening, but you don’t have to create a whole new topic for it. And like uni said, unions is probably your best bet since that’s what I use aswell.

Unfortunately, I can’t use unions. But it is a good suggestion. If there are any other strategies that people use, that’d be great. With the new PBR rendering, the stock materials are more desirable.

I don’t think there is a post on how people are dealing with this problem. If there is, please do let me know. I couldn’t find one.

Oh, o misunderstood your post, sorry! I thought you were tying to basically say the same thing as the other post, that it’s a problem, you didn’t really ask how to solve this, so I didn’t know! But what I would suggest is probally trying to resize and rotate the parts to try and get the perfect lineup your looking for!

Yeah, the question was buried in the OP. I changed the title to make it more clear.

I did try rotating, but I don’t think that will work. The material is randomly being generated from what I can tell. You can tell this is happening by simply going ctrl-r on a primitive and see the texture is re-generated in a completely different manner…

Due to how stock materials are only rendered in relation to the Part they’re applied to and not the Parts in its proximity, there isn’t really a way to make them “seamless” between multiple Parts with only the stock materials.

You could in theory make a decal of the stock material and put the image in a SurfaceGui on the Part, transitioning the decal to that it lines up to the part beside it, but that’d be so tedious that I wouldn’t recommend it.

If it were me, I’d make the object in Blender and texture that as necessary, but I know that’s not in everyone’s skill set.

I’ve already gone down the blender/texture route and that works of course.

But the PBR materials are quite nice :slight_smile:

Perhaps when custom materials come they will solve this problem.

2 Likes