Seat randomly breaks character weld constantly

I’ve noticed since about 1 week ago my character somehow gets out of the seat randomly while the planescript does not detect the player actually jumping out of the seat.

I have tried to implement a custom fix for this issue by checking if the player has a seatpart but humanoid.sit is false somehow.
This would indicate the glitch is about to happen so i would try to re-weld the player.

Sadly my implementation does not work correctly as it works smoothly on the client most of the times but can also result in the player somehow being welded away from the seat and not having a seatpart creating weird results.

It would also completely break the replication as i have to do this on the clientside.

I seat players using seatpart:Sit(“Humanoid”) on the server.

Game affected: 🔨Plane Crazy🔨 [UPDATE] - Roblox

Spawn an aircraft or plane and keep flying until you notice the warning “Re-Seated Player” pop up.

Thats when the issue happens and it truly happens randomly and might have to do with some type of lag or instability.

I’ve noticed it mostly is dependend on network replication lag somehow.

Expected behavior

The player to not randomly disconnect from the seat for no reason breaking all of my systems.

A private message is associated with this bug report

3 Likes

This is just an acknowledgment announcement!

We’ve filed a ticket into our internal database for this issue, and we will update you when we have further information!

Thanks for the report!

1 Like

Hi Rick,

Do you have a repro file you could send us with repro steps?

Best,
MobsterLobster

1 Like

Sadly i dont, i am unable to replicate this outside of my game for some weird reason.

If you know if theres something else i could do to help, please let me know.

It happens very frequently ingame and you can see it by checking if the player unsits after being spawned in for longer than 5 seconds.

I’ve made sure the visuals are noticeable for you of the glitch when it occurs to help make it easier to solve it.