Selection box in studio is unresponsive/laggy

Ever since they implemented the new highlight to the selection tool in studio, it’s been basically unusable. The selection is super unresponsive, sometimes taking an entire second for the part my mouse is over to highlight. On top of that, it impacts the performance of studio to where panning or turning the camera stutters and freezes. This occurs no matter what place I am trying to edit.

(Sorry for the crappy online video downscaler, had to make the file small enough to upload)

I have an AMD Ryzen 7 3800x CPU, 32GB of Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz RAM, and an AMD RX 6600 GPU. I should not be getting freezing/stuttering just trying to pan the camera or selecting a part in studio.

4 Likes

Thanks for the report! We’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

3 Likes

Thanks. Hopefully this gets fixed.

I also have an issue where studio doesn’t like a mouse with a polling rate higher than 125, but other people have already reported that issue, and it’s not as big of a deal to me.

1 Like

Not sure, but could it have something to do with this?

1 Like

I fixed a couple potential places for lag related to highlights, please open another post if you still encounter lag with or without the new studio outline system