Selection Filters | Easily Filter Selections by Color, Material, Location, and more!

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎Selection Filters | Easily Filter your Selections

Hello developers! Have you ever built a map or building and ever came to the realization that your trees would look better with a darker green, your beach would look better with different colored sand, or that building you made would look much better with different colored walls / outlining? If you’ve ever had this issue you must know its a pain to have to manually select all the parts you wish to change and set the color and material to your desired color.

With this plugin you can easily filter your selections by range, bounds, color, material, and more!
You can even only select the parts of a model that match a specific color and material. The flexibility and control this plugin offers leaves endless possibilities and gives you much more control over your selections!

This is something I personally use and it’s helped me and my development tremendously so listen closely and pay attention because this plugin can help you out just as much as its helped me out!

SHOWCASE / TUTORIAL:

Setting Colors / Materials: To set the colors and materials you want to filter simply select one or multiple parts with the desired colors and materials you want to limit your selection to then press the “Set Color / Material” button! If you select a model it’ll add all the colors and materials the model uses to the list. You can also hold down CTRL and select multiple parts for multiple colors and materials. The possibilities are endless!

Examples of setting the color / materials: as you can see when I select a model or multiple parts it adds multiple materials and colors.

Filtering by Color / Material: Here I simply click the blue part, then set it as the color and material then check the filters. Once I select everything as you can clearly see it only lets me select the blue.

Here is also what it looks like when I select multiple colors and materials. As you can see it only lets me select the red and blue parts because thats what I set!

And if I want to select blacklist it’ll let me select everything EXCEPT for the blue and red parts.

Now in this example you can only see parts but what about models? Well heres how it behaves with entire models. It’ll scan all of the parts within that model and they ALL must match the specific restrictions you set. For example if you filter your selection to only sand and your model contains 3 sand parts and 1 non-sand part. It wont let you select the model. It must be 100% accurate with the colors and materials you allow. Here is an example:

As you can see when I set the material to just slate I will only be able to select models that contain slate. However when you check “Ignore Models” it’ll instead select the slate parts inside of models this can be useful if you want to just change the color of the slate. Here’s an example of me changing the colors of trees with ease using selection filters!

Filtering by Range: As you may have already noticed you are able to filter by range! Basically your camera must be within the amount of studs you specify to be able to be selected. Here is the range limit in action!

Filtering by Bounds: You can also filter your selection to be within specific bounds. To do this you simply put down a part and size it to your specific bounds you want to restrict. This supports multiple parts too so you can have multiple bounds at once as well! You can also toggle blacklist if you want to prevent selecting within specific bounds. Once you set the bounds you can delete the part you used to set them. Here is an example of filtering selection by bounds:

Now that I’ve showcased this plugin and its entirety I’m sure your wondering by now where you can get your hands on this plugin! Simply click on the blue button that says “DOWNLOAD” below!

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ Download Button PNG

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎Enjoy!

This plugin is a feature taken from a multi-tool plugin that includes over 10+ plugins all in one. I decided to make it its own plugin as a cheaper alternative for those who only want this feature specifically. If you are interested in the plugin it came from (which offers a much better deal) you can view it here: Yoolurs Builder v2 (10+ Plugins in one!)

I am also happy to respond to any questions, concerns, or feedback in the replies below! Don’t be afraid to ask anything you are curious about or need help with!

9 Likes

Holy shit you have no idea how long I have waited for someone to make something like this thank you so much this is amazing. I hope this gets featured!

2 Likes

Thank you so much for the feedback! I was pretty surprised myself that there wasn’t already a popular plugin out there that did this.

1 Like

hey yoolurs, i’m loving this plugin!, been using it for a month.

I just wanted to suggest adding Match Name and separating the Size and Position settings from one another

(for example, i want all parts of a certain size from a model, but the fact it takes position into account isn’t allowing me this!)

the lack of these features (mainly name matching), has caused me to switch over to Elttob’s Pick plugin, though i really prefer this plugin’s easy UI interface, than having to type out a matching string and rules for my selections.

1 Like

Hey thanks for the feedback!

Name matching was initially something I considered adding but I realized u can literally just search for X name in the explorer and mass select them from there (Shift + Click or CTRL + Click is very useful for selecting multiple things in explorer.) and it got the job done. Sometimes I’d even temporarily name things something unique to be able to do this. Alternatively my tag manager plugin that lets u memorize and tag parts also helps with that.

If you use the actual parent plugin yoolurs builder which is basically all my plugins combined into one the tag manager actually works with the selection filters allowing you to tag specific parts that you can filter your selection with. This only works with yoolurs builder though. If you get both the tag manager and selection filters plugin separately they wont work together like that. However for your use case you really shouldn’t have to buy any extra plugins you can easily just type the specific name in explorer and shift click to select them all.

I believe you may misunderstand what the size and position actually means. You are not filtering your selections by their position and size you are actually setting bounds that things can be selected inside of (or outside of if you use a blacklist). This is essentially creating selection zones and only things inside these zones can be selected (or outside w/ a blacklist). This is explained in the devforum post.

Hope this helps and thanks for using my plugin! Glad you enjoy it!

1 Like