The Roblox marketing team is creating a campaign that intersects culture, the platform and Self-Expression. We aim to tell a multipronged story that showcases the inspiration, creativity and innovations via fashion and beauty on Roblox.
From customizing your avatar via fashion and beauty across the platform to using technology like layered clothing, faces, and modules like the Merch Booth in your experience or even creating unique UGC items, we want to showcase some of the community’s best work.
We’re seeking work from our Community both Creators and Developers to feature as part of our upcoming Self-Expression Campaign: Fashion and Beauty on Roblox. We are looking for innovative and one-of-a-kind experiences that showcase Fashion and Beauty as a form of Self-Expression and trendsetting, unique Layered Clothing designs.
The type of work we are looking for could include but is not limited to:
- An innovative make-up and face editor inside an experience
- Usage of self-expression developer modules such as the Merch Booth and/or Avatar Editor in an experience with a custom twist
- Fashion design modules or quests and/or fashion shows inside your experience
- Unique wardrobes and/or shopping experiences
- Custom, one-of-a-kind layered clothing designs available in the Avatar Shop or inside an experience
- And more…
If selected, your experience or designs would be featured in our Self-Expression: Fashion and Beauty on Roblox campaign both on Roblox and off-platform across various channels including social media.
We’re looking for creative, innovative worlds that enable users to express themselves through Fashion and Beauty inside your experience.
- Be original work. No featured elements will be accepted if they infringe on copyright or are duplicates of existing spaces.
- Must be an approved developer and/or partner
- Experience must be available in all locales and localized
- Experience must work on all devices
If you’re interested, please submit your experience and a brief blurb of the Fashion and Beauty elements inside of it to be considered for inclusion in our campaign. If the elements are not live yet but are slated to launch by August, please provide any supplementary assets that show what is. Note: These elements must be live at the time the campaign launches.
*Submission does not guarantee your experience will be selected for featuring.
We’re looking for creative, innovative designs that leverage the Layered Clothing technology.
- Be original work. No featured designs will be accepted if they infringe on copyright or are duplicates of existing designs in the catalog.
- Must be an approved UGC creator and/or partner
- Virtual item must be a layered clothing piece(s)
If you’re interested, please submit up to 5 designs to be considered for inclusion in our campaign. These designs can already be live in the catalog.
*Submission does not guarantee your items will be selected for featuring.
- OBJs of the virtual item(s) must be included
- Initial LC item design must be submitted for review no later than July 8th.
- If your design is selected, a team member will reach out to you and the final LC item must be delivered no later than July 22nd.
- The Roblox team needs to review and approve the items.
- Roblox requires 5 business days to review and approve
- If you’re selected for featuring, Legal approval will be required via your signature on contract that states your approval for us to leverage your assets in our marketing materials. If a participant is between 13 and 17, their parent or guardian will need to sign the agreement.
- Awareness with Roblox users and fans both on and off-platform: Reach millions of eyeballs by featuring on Roblox-owned channels both on and off the platform through social media, Paid UA, event page and more.
- Traffic to your experience: Through on-platform exposure and featuring on the Event Page, users will be driven directly into your experience or to purchase your items in the Avatar Shop.
- Promotional materials tied to the broader campaign: Roblox will create promotional materials tied to the Self-Expression Campaign that you will be able to use on your own channels.
- Industry awareness through a robust communication strategy: Tied to the broader campaign is a robust communication strategy in which your experience would be featured in (exact details of featuring TBC) aimed at both consumer and trade media.
Potential for additional reach and featuring pending campaign results and partnership some examples include:
- Featuring on the Partners page on Corporate site
- Testimonials and case studies
*Submission does not guarantee featuring.
**Channels being activated for the campaign are subject to change.
***You must be at least 13 years old to participate. All those selected for featuring will be contacted directly regarding next steps.