Sell secondary market limiteds in game

I want to make an avatar game, and I think limiteds are some of the greatest items that will ever exist on Roblox. The problem is that right now its inconvenient for players to purchase secondary market limiteds because you can’t buy them in game. I’d really like to push players to buy limiteds also because they are more expensive. Additionally by allowing secondary market limiteds to be sold in game, I could set up in game notifiers to prompt players to purchase the limited when it’s below a certain price (alternatively Roblox could also implement this buy limit as a site feature).

Combined with showing sellers on promptpurchase, I’d say buying limiteds in game is pretty safe : P

15 Likes

A metaverse where you can’t take items from one world to another isn’t a pure metaverse. Why even strictly require selling? I have no idea what this’d do to the limiteds economy, but it would be really cool to earn an item in one game and bring it into another. Doing this with anything other than accessories (i.e. tools) seems impractical, so game-specific UGC limiteds would be an interesting way to do this. Maybe reserve it for trusted front-page devs?

4 Likes

I see I was a bit vague, in this post I meant to write about supporting prompting purchase of secondary market limiteds, I have edited the post to hopefully clarify this.

I think your idea of being able to award items via badge like event games (and also turning them limited eventually?) is cool. Personally I’m not sure if I support it yet because (selfish) I get strong fomo and post-fomo on some items xD, but it would still be nice if you could make a feature request on this

1 Like

Bumping this.

This issue is increasingly pertinent now that Roblox has announced all items on the marketplace will be moving to flexible quantity/collectibles.

As more and more items hit the resale market, it is increasingly challenging and confusing for users to be able to buy these items in their favorite avatar customization experiences.

Currently, this is what users see when they attempt to buy an item that’s up for resale in-experience:

2 Likes