Server "Join States"

This idea is based on an older idea that has been lost in time.

I would be extremely useful if we could change the “Join State” of servers. The state would be a property of the game or something (idc :stuck_out_tongue: ) and would be the following:

1. Open: Anyone can join the server, teleportation without server instance and join button can send players to the server.
  2. Private: Joining the game and teleportation without server instance will never send a player to the server. You can still join a friend or teleport players with instance id to these servers.
  3. Closed: No one can enter the server. There is no way for any player to join the server.

Post feedback and more join state ideas :smiley:

You mean it can be changed from the website side, to close a non working server if this comes to live, we still need a way to detect what version the server is.

I believe he means it can be changed via a property in-game. As a result, being able to make games with lobbys closed when a game is in progress.

I need this so I can set old servers to the second state. I don’t want users joining old servers and I don’t want to kick people out of servers.

Like, it would be extremely useful…