Server List Update

Hey Developers,

Recently we released an update which removed the Server List. At the time our primary reason for removing this feature was due to bots which were able to easily scrape through the server list and spam users with malicious friend requests and private messages. After collecting use cases from the feedback thread we posted to the Developer Forum, we decided to bring back the server list.

Here are a couple of changes you will first notice

• Your friends’ servers are displayed on top
  • We removed identifying information about players you aren’t friends with

Here is a screenshot showing the recent change:

Thank you to everyone for providing us with the use cases and directly communicating this feedback to Roblox!

Please feel free to direct any questions to @Caelestene and @Brouhahaha by replying to this post.

Thanks,
Developer Relations Team

129 Likes

BLESS :pray:

25 Likes

nice

side note; which test site is open :eyes:

2 Likes

Heavenly.

All around wonderful change! Very glad to no longer be stuck joining the same servers my friends are in. Oftentimes that did lead to issues when I needed new servers.

5 Likes

quality.

Perfect.

2 Likes

Have you added any or more protection against bots? I’d rather have protection than convenience, so I’m hoping there’s some of both.

3 Likes

Woohoo!

2 Likes

I’m betting people will start dressing as popular players now just to bait people into joining their servers. :stuck_out_tongue:

16 Likes

This was the only way bots could spam you. Another method is group spamming but that’s not happening anymore.

3 Likes

Yes it’s back!

1 Like

Moderating games will be easier now. Thanks guys.

3 Likes

i’m aware that’s why i am asking

it no longer links to people’s profiles from the page, so there should be the same amount of protection

2 Likes

Yes! It’s back!

Gosh heckie, thank you so much for listening and improving the server listings! Very glad to see them return.

3 Likes

oh nice thanks

1 Like

AMAZING, thank you!!!

1 Like

No longer gives name or profile link so no DMing that way

2 Likes