Server List Update

Indeed.

6 Likes

Almost gave up hope on this, I’m so glad it’s back! And a great compromise, as well!

1 Like

GOSH HECKIE stealing my phrase.

2 Likes

I can open up my messages again

3 Likes

Amazing! However you could do a small cosmetic change by making the players unclickable. Because right now you can still click the players, even though nothing happens. But overall im really glad we got this feature back

2 Likes

“Virtue is the golden mean between two vices, the one of excess and the other of deficiency”

2 Likes

YES!! Thanks so much.

Better than not seeing the list at all, huh?

1 Like

It’s always tricky, creating updates that inhibit malicious bots without ruining bots for everyone else. Glad to see a solution like this!

1 Like

Thanks for the good update! It sure will be helpful to I and other players as well! :smiley:

Thank you so much, this is a blessing.

I’m really happy to see this update however I have one minor gripe with it.

When hovering over players avatars in the player list it still shows as the “link” mouse icon and the icon has a shadow. Would make more sense to do nothing as it’s no longer a link to their profile.

4 Likes

Ah well done!

Glad that our voice really does matter.

2 Likes

When highlighting myself, it marks me as an ‘unknown’ user, rather than a ‘known’ user like my friends.

Would there be any way to change this so I would be reflected as ‘known’ and could access my profile from the server lists?

18 Likes

Love this update, thanks for hearing our voice.

1 Like

It’s because you can still click friends profiles

4 Likes

OH. YES! THANK YOU! :star_struck:

I still can’t really use this for moderation. If I get a report that “so and so” is exploiting, bullying, trolling in a server, how am I supposed to access their game from the servers page? I won’t be able to do that. I am in total support of removing names so that bots cannot obtain that information. However, place creators and those with permission to edit group places should be able to view names of people in their games.

I appreciate that Roblox is hearing developers concerns on this and responding, however, I think there is still a better solution.

2 Likes

Is there a reason you’re not using TeleportService::GetPlayerPlaceInstanceAsync to teleport to user servers in-game? It would be even easier to use since you can instantly join someone’s server instead of searching for them in the server list, and you’d also be able to give this privilege to game mods which they otherwise wouldn’t have access to.

3 Likes

THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Seriously, thank you.

1 Like