Server Messages and Notifications in Chat

I think it would be extremely useful for ServerSide scripts to be able to send “Server” or “Game:” or something messages. I would love to have the chat include kill notifications and round time updates and ect. but I don’t want to make a custom chat gui. Also, I miss the badge notifications in the chat; will we ever get those back?

Developers didn’t like having Badges notified in the chat automatically, but if you could send chat messages from scripts, then you could do it manually.

We could get a chat service that sends the messages and has options for some default notifications.

I do agree that the Chat should be used as a Tool to communicate with your Players. The problem that I currently have with the chat :

• It refreshes too quickly. In huge servers (I talk 30 +) you honestly won’t see that kind of Messages anymore. So I gave up on the chat, and built my own. (That also has a ton of features more to offer…)

[quote] I do agree that the Chat should be used as a Tool to communicate with your Players. The problem that I currently have with the chat :

• It refreshes too quickly. In huge servers (I talk 30 +) you honestly won’t see that kind of Messages anymore. So I gave up on the chat, and built my own. (That also has a ton of features more to offer…) [/quote]

Indeed, custom chats give you more freedom. You could add whispering, tags, let users change the chat colors on their feeling etc etc