Server Save Failure: HTTP (404): Not Found - Union Bug?

Good day,

recently or more like in the past 6 months we’ve experienced alot of issues while publishing our game. I wanna say this first, our game has a lot of Unions in it, but most of them aren’t complicated or anything (window frames and stuff like that.). Although we have some car models ingame which are made completely from Union, but we got rid of over 90 % of them already during the last 5 days, cause of the issue.

But first of all, what is the actual issue?
Whenever we build something over a longer period of time during team create and add new unions to the game, the game suddenly breaks and doesn’t publish anymore.

Error Message: Server Save Failure: HTTP (404): Not Found
Screenshot:

So far we have found only one solution to this problem, whenever we delete a car out of the running TC, that is broken, we are able to publish the game again. The problem is, we have only like 5 cars left to delete, so we won’t be able to save or publish our progress anymore at all.

I hope that someone is able to look into this as soon as possible because this literally stops us from working.

Have a nice day.
Dlimerick

2 Likes

Honestly, I’m not sure what causes this, I happened to be in the past but I cant remember the reason and how I solve it.
But what I can say, is don’t make unions, try to avoid them as much as possible, I know that it can cause some problems and some performance issues.
Instead, just make your windows frames with the parts and then group them with Ctrl +G and leave it there, its way more manipulable.

Anyways, if you search in the forum there are several with the same issue, so honestly probably its a roblox problem, try saving a file to your pc and restart the studio or reinstall it, maybe republish it, overwriting it. I don’t know play with it until it publishes

1 Like

Anyways, if you search in the forum there are several with the same issue, so honestly probably its a roblox problem, try saving a file to your pc and restart the studio or reinstall it, maybe republish it, overwriting it. I don’t know play with it until it publishes

Well that was our solution to it as well, but honestly none of us has the time to work an hour and then work another hour just to save the progress (that’s why it was handy just to delete the cars, but that’s not a permanent solution), this seems to be a massive issue on ROBLOX’s side. I think the best idea would literally be a button in Studio that converts a union to mesh. (This way the union’s data like history and what it’s made of, would get deleted.)

Anyways,
Thanks for your input.

EDIT: And working with groups would take twice the time than just taking the part, making it smaller, negate and you have your frame.

2 Likes

Hey, there is people who found some solutions here

2 Likes

Well of course that’s a solution, but then I would need to reset up all developer products all the time. And saving it locally, well we are working together on this project, so that isn’t a solution either. Anyways I know that if you publish it to a new game that the issue is usually fixed for 2 - 3 weeks, but then it breaks again.

Also what’s even worse inserting anything from file breaks the game as well, I need to save the models to roblox first and then import them from my Group Models, that is a pain as well especially, because not everyone is working in the main Studio.

2 Likes

Well like I said, it worked for an hour.

Here we go again:

I recommend posting this in a bug report.

1 Like

I wish that I could, but:

I am literally too stupid for that category and the last time I posted something in there, it took over 2 weeks until it got published and then I had 7 days to respond until they closed it (I didn’t look into it regularly anymore after a week of waiting.)

I kind of found a solution now, it works, but is annoying.

1. Download a local copy.
  2. Open the copy
  3. Publish to ROBLOX to
  4. Select your old game
  5. Press Overwrite
    — Takes about 20 minutes, depending on how big your game is.

After that you have a few days without trouble and the publishing time improves alot, but it will get worse very quickly after a few days as well.

Hope ROBLOX is working on a solution for this anyways.

6 Likes

i tried this but still not working, i literally tried everything but i don’t know what to do anymore, this doesn’t let me publish future updates for my game.
here you can see my post: Game is not Publishing (Place Save Error - HTTP 404 / Server Save Failure: HTPP 500)

Do you know what i can do in this ocassion?