Servers consistently crashing after loading user content since today (again)

Reproduction Steps
Extremely similar to what was experienced some months ago in my game: Servers consistently crashing after loading user content since today

The first few reproduction cases provided privately back then seem to reliably reproduce the issue again too.

Since about 13–16 hours since this post was created, live game servers started to crash in my game. This happens towards the end of the loading process of user content in my games (user-designed theme parks). Not all parks are affected, but enough are for this to be rather disruptive (and the more loaded a server is, the more likely it is a park causes issues, it seems like).

The rate this happens in varies, but there are quite some parks for which the crash rate is practically 100%. The crashing isn’t at exactly the same spot in the loading process every time, but it’s highly reproducible. This only happens in live Roblox servers. It does not happen in Studio and with local test servers.

If it doesn’t crash during loading, then it has always crashed during unloading instead for the affected parks.

This happens in my game Theme Park Tycoon 2, place id 69184822.

See PM for more repro info.

Expected Behavior
Anything but the server crashing.

Actual Behavior
See link provided previously. Error 277, AckTimeout in client logs. Server console shows nothing interesting before it happens.

Issue Area: Engine
Issue Type: Crashing
Impact: Very High
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2021-08-17 00:08:00 (+02:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2021-08-18 23:08:00 (+02:00)
A private message is associated with this bug report

4 Likes

Thank you for the report! We’re looking into it.

2 Likes

A fix has been enabled for this issue.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.