Service & Module Autocomplete

Hey Developers!

So, I made a plugin, with my friend to autocomplete modules and services for you.
If you find any bugs or issues, just let me know. The default prefix is ;

Features:

Autocompletes, Requires and Services
Allows for changing of prefix

< Get It Below !! >
3 Likes

Previews would make me consider this.

Questions:

• Why use this over Roblox’s native autocomplete when using game:GetService()?
  • How does this contribute to anything in a way it benefits scripters?

1 .For example, i could just do ;Use and userinputservice would pop up. Instead of defining the variable and stuff like that.
2. Just saves you a bit of time. And it’s free too.
3. It’s customizable

2 Likes

Why not use Roblox’s ai auto complete? It does the same thing it seems no?

Customisation is pointless to me if it is not known what can change and why would you need to?

Well, ai autocomplete? I would need to tell it to even define the service. Or if it autocompletes for me, why would i wait for that?
And for customization, basically i could make it @Use and it would autocomplete. Or $Use.

It takes like 2 seconds.

So you mean prefixes?

Yea, but why would i still want the ai to autocomplete for me when i can still get it done faster? I personally have it off, as it keeps giving me code suggestions every second. I would rather just require the modules and services myself in the blink of an eye.

yup prefixes

So its not really customisable.

Its faster as its pre-defined that’s all, things being pre-defined/hard coded can be a big no no sometimes in the event something changes or someone wants to change something if there is no way to change it.

wdym??? it just autocompletes for you the way you normally would like
local UserInputService = game:GetService(“UserInputService”)
and what would you customize???, the variable names?

@thatguybarny1324 I don’t think you have quite the right understanding of what this plugin does, its essentially sleitnick’s Require Autocomplete Plugin with a few more features and also free.

The main purpose of it is to save some time, as Ryo said, to get a service you would normally type out the whole thing.

local UserInputService = game:GetService(“UserInputService”)

However with this plugin you can just use the prefix and start typing the service name and it would appear in the autocomplete window, all you need to do is press enter and it will paste the whole line for you, so all you need to do is

;Us

and hit Enter

Thats only the Service part, it also helps requiring modules in the same fashion, if you still dont understand the benefits just check out sleitnick’s video and it will become more clear.

3 Likes

I understand it but I find it pointless as it doesn’t really add to or improve on anything that’s in a meaningful manor (imo).

Sure it could save time by typing it all out but if you type fast then its pointless really other than that. I believe I’ve seen other plugins that do the exact same thing in the past too if I’m correct.

Sorry, but i don’t understand how its “pointless”

There is no way you could type faster than using the plugin, typing fast as i could took me 10~ seconds, with plugin it was half a second, 20 times faster.

4 Likes

That’s fine I’m just stating my opinion.

1 Like

If you want to make a GetService autocomplete that’s actually useful, consider automatically inserting services on autocomplete if they don’t already exist in the script.

This is a workflow I have in VS Code with the Roblox LSP plugin and it saves a few seconds each time.

1 Like

elaborate please, i don’t get your question?

Sorry if it was unclear. Here’s a GIF of the auto-import feature in action!

Code_k5C9WK7qRU

tbh, a quick Google search found already two resources who did this for the script editor in Roblox Studio:

1 Like

I actually tried it, and it didn’t work. So i created this post. There won’t be anymore updates, thanks tho.

Dang your resource was the only one that worked for me as well, it’s a shame that you will give up on it :frowning: . I might try reworking your code in the future if you want

Haha! Go for it, I’ve actually made it so you can just type in the service name as you are going but it’s buggy. Do know, it is very much possible and if you do lmk. I will update the resource.

Alright great! I made a github repo for the project in case you or someone else would like to help out