Service Packages

As a developer I would like to be able to tie packages to a service. Currently I have to upload the models to every place individually

Using the Game explorer (not the hiearchy), I’d like to see an option to put an asset into a service like “ServerScriptService” that will be loaded into every place in the universe automatically. For example, having a loading screen script in the game’s ReplicatedFirst will have that loading screen script run in every place within the universe.

Here’s a visual example:

FeatureRequest
Capture4

Now why would this help, doesn’t the already existing packages feature do this?

9 Likes

I think the ability to link packages to a specific game service like that would be a cool feature, support.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t this what the new Packages feature does?

The new packages feature does this, though you have to insert the packages you want manually in every place in the universe, However, once the package is uploaded, you can enable an option where it’ll automatically update should you push an update from anywhere.

It would be really great if there was an option that gives you a list of places in the universe and you can tick the ones you want or tick (add to all) and it’ll automatically add it.

I don’t think there is an option where you can tell Studio where in the game the package belongs though, (Replicated Storage, ServerScriptService, etc) which I think what the OP is asking?

1 Like

Yes, kind of. The new packages option does this but the assets would still have to be manually placed in each place.

I’m talking more of a “CoreScripts / CoreAssets” solution where no matter what place you’re on in the universe (even if it’s a completely brand new place), these assets will still be downloaded and parented to their corresponding position in the hierarchy without the need to manually drag and drop to make sure they exist.