Setting Script Source Should Make a Draft

I am currently working on a team that programs within studio and outside of it: we have the collaborative editing feature turned on so we can keep track of changes and to see who is doing what.

This works great and as intended if you’re programming using Studios Built-In Editor; however, the whole drafting process doesn’t accommodate External Syncers which directly set the Source of Scripts.

Whenever the Source of a Script is directly changed, it pushes out the change on the server and displays that the entire file changed within the Version History Comparison - which in any case where the entire Source isn’t set to something else - it simply isn’t true.

Having Drafts be made - with the proper registered changes - for when the Source of a Script is set would instantly allow for both workflows to co-exist with each other; as of now, they cannot due to the problems listed above.

12 Likes

There are a lot of plugins which set the Source property of scripts. Some would be fine if it created a draft while others would not.

Regardless, most other properties replicate in collaborative editing so I think it makes more sense to provide some kind of API to interface with drafts directly.

2 Likes

An API to directly interface with Drafts would be awesome and fall in line with my other Feature Request ( Make DraftsService PluginSecurity) - I can see an issue where the motive of setting the Source of a script is conflicting with creating Drafts in Collaborative Editing; but, I personally believe that no matter the edit I should see what it’s doing (since Drafts are turned on for a reason - to monitor changes)

1 Like