"SettingsHub" and "ReportAbuseMenuNewContainerPage" are Very Slow

Reproduction Steps:
“SettingsHub”

“ReportAbuseMenuNewContainerPage”

Video:

8 Likes

Finally someone who talks about this, needs to be optimized heavily.
On another note, the new chat seems to have a very minature lag spike every time you mouse enter and mouse leave the gui. If that could also be fixed that would be neat. :wink:

2 Likes

Just to show that this needs to still be fixed

1 Like

Looking for someone to check this out. Hang tight!

3 Likes

I just found that changing Output Device is causing some lag too (I even got 153ms)

microprofile-20240406-184827.html (4,4 Mo)

Thank you for reporting this issue! We recognize this is slightly strange behavior, but it is intentional as part of our abuse reporting flow. While we don’t have any immediate plans to optimize this, this is a known issue that we hope we can improve at some point in the future.

1 Like

I’m a bit disappointed that this performance issue will not be fixed really soon but thx for the info

Hi @Lucatacos2213 ,

We recently discussed this internally, and we’d like to better understand your concerns around these issues. Would you mind providing a little more detail on this (i.e. beyond high CPU, how much is it negatively impacting you as a dev or user?)

It also appears like there are two separate issues that we’d like to tease apart:

1. Opening up the menu in general takes up a fair amount of CPU.
  2. Clicking into the Report tab results in a brief flash and also high CPU.

As I commented above, the latter is actually intentional as part of our abuse reporting screenshot capturing flow. We don’t have any immediate plans to optimize this, but it is still something we hope can address in the future.

As for the first issue you reported, the team is indeed planning on looking into improving that. Could you provide some more details here? Does it happen every time? Are there specific repro steps? How slow does it seem to be?

Thanks!

2 Likes

Hello, the spike occurs every time when you open the menu, the spike is really noticeable with a server of 50 people (with voice chat, if that changes anything?)

I have tested in [MIC UP 🔊 - Roblox]

I can’t even send a MicroProfile , the file is way too big

and I just found that clicking lot of time in “People” it create a big spike too

Video from @ThatOneUnoriginal : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oo1GEBPO0Xo&ab_channel=ThatOneUnoriginal

It’s the only repro and information I can have that impacting the user experience

1 Like

And you can see the video when switching to Leave and Don’t Leave (Reset too), the lag happens

I hope I have given enough information to help to fix/reduce the performance problem

1 Like