Updated Experience Controls Now Live

Did you really just call bloxstrap an exploit :skull:

Yes I agree with your points that we shouldn’t need to install software for features that should be a thing by default (same for discord) but honestly if you don’t trust bloxstrap just update the fflags manually

4 Likes

i hope they won’t notice the bug if they do…

Isn’t lower file size better? The size of the image is still the same. Also, the reason why you can’t see those ad screens is because when using captures it disables certain types of guis.

You can do this with an fflag that makes it more accessible to choose between what you hide, coregui, billboard, names, and developer guis

Captures is quite literally useless and the fflag gives you so much more control in photos and recordings

1 Like

Can you address why? A majority of the people here want it to be toggleable at the most, even if they agree with the update. I never click these buttons and it sorta just exists as extra space that blocks the screen.

5 Likes

I personally prefer the three dot menu/cube icon menu implementation. Not just the implementation was better, but the icon also looked better with a three dot icon or a cube icon. It was perfect to me, I don’t understand the reasons on why it got replaced with a hamburger menu. But I guess the hamburger menu isn’t so bad either. Also the new health bar is just too thick, I don’t like it at all, it’s a huge downgrade. In addition to that it looks jaggy and has a weird color and outline.

For improvements to the Report Abuse menu:-

1. Previously, when you select the options and write a detailed description in the Report Abuse menu and close it and return back to it, it would save everything, after some recent updates that got released to the Report Abuse menu this year or last year, this changed and things no longer save. I would like for the previous behavior to return. It was more useful and less time consuming to report with it.

2. I would like for the abuse reporting screenshot capturing flow to get optimized so clicking on the Report Abuse menu wouldn’t result in a brief flash. It also results in a high CPU usage which should be fixed.

3. The report options should get revamped and attaching screenshots to report players should come back, as it was released for a short while before getting removed. It would be useful to report exploiters and online daters with it. Maybe there could also be a way to record and send video proof too.

4. All the UI bugs with the current Report Abuse menu should get fixed.

As for improvements to the Roblox/escape menu:-

1. Basically all the UI bugs and the performance issues should get fixed.

2. The animations need a huge improvements here especially with the tab switching animation.

3. Reduce motion has a lot of bugs and functions weirdly and so needs a complete rework.

4. The video recorder should also get much needed improvements. It currently records videos on WVM format which isn’t wildy supported and doesn’t embed in platforms such as Discord unlike MP4 and the videos are heavily compressed with very bad video quality that’s just completely unusable. That must change.

5. As others have pointed out, the “Captures” feature take screenshots in a lower quality format and resolution than with PrtSC, that should get fixed too.

6. To improve consistency and eliminate confusion, it would be cool to have the “Reset Character” button to grey out on Mobile too as it does on PC when it’s disabled on experiences. There have been a few Bug Reports posted about this because people thought that they couldn’t disable the “Reset Character” functionality on Mobile when it’s just that it would get disabled but the button wouldn’t grey out as it does on PC.

7. It would also be great if the “haptics” option gets hidden for devices that don’t support it for example PCs and for the fullscreen option to not show for Mobile devices. There has been a Roblox staff response dating back to 2021 that it would be addressed in a new menu but it still didn’t?

Since Chat was mentioned at least once in this post, could it’s performance issues and it’s bugs like this years ago bug get fixed too?

I suggest that the inventory UI get a revamp as almost everything got it’s UI changed except it. It’s the last piece of inconsistent UI that is part of Roblox UI in experiences, other than the legacy chat UI which wouldn’t get changed because it’s deprecated.

5 Likes

Its better off not having that at all but they decided to fill the space with a weird thick healthbar for whatever reason

They also wont respond to anything addressing improvements to the ui which is fun

1 Like

It is better if the image quality is the same.
I’ve ran several more tests and I got different results. For instance I’ve got a higher file size on Captures button rather than using PrtSc, but this happens only in some and certain scenarios.

In terms of file size Captures function is no better than original PrtSc (Print Screen button) screenshot, in some cases it is worse.

What windows scaling are you using? Probably odd question, just curious.

OBS exists, including bandicam
or you can just convert it to an mp4 if you don’t know how to properly set up both of these

I am aware of that, but it won’t hurt anyone if the Roblox recorder actually stops being useless and becomes useful for once. Also it’s way faster to use the Roblox recorder to record than with using any other third party recording apps. Even the Xbox Game Bar recorder takes a few seconds to load and start recording. You would want to record things fast especially for things like recording an exploiter before he leaves, or let’s say you encountered some rare event in a game, a rare bug that could appear for a few seconds or anything like that. Well yeah it’s easy to convert the videos to MP4 format, but then you would have to do that for every single video which can get boring and time consuming, the quality of the Roblox recorder shouldn’t be ignored either…

1 Like

My opinion, this new UI sucks. It takes up so much of the screen and the buttons are too rounded for my taste. Also, I’m just not at all used to opening the leaderboard/inventory from the left, it feels so weird.

Side note: The thick healthbar is also so poorly designed. The old one was far better.

My opinion though.

1 Like

reminder that 81 known devforum members want this feature

1 Like

At this point we as developers should just get the option to customize the topbar

2 Likes

we, as players and developers should have the option to disable the topbar

1 Like

Another thing: I know you probably wouldn’t let this go further back than the 2020 UI, but PLEASE let developers change the UI they can use in their games.
Because this can be super invasive for games that use UIs similar to the 2016 one for example. The 2020 one is also not great with that either but at least it wasn’t so beefy and didn’t take up more screen space than necessary

RetroStudio (also what is it with the chat button being there even though the game uses a custom chat module?)

4 Likes

Please make it so StarterGui:SetCoreGuiEnabled(Enum.CoreGuiType.All, false) actually disables every button except for the ESC menu button, just like how it previously did.

2 Likes

Anyone else getting this spammed in the output in studio? Happens after I die a few times with the “SelifeView” closed.

2 Likes

new topbar isnt probably supported on old roblox games, its buggy as heck at the moment. and is not very evasive on these kind of topbars

I don’t even use the new topbar because of how old it is, I still use the previous one

1 Like