Shades for Studio - Save you eyes!

I’ve wanted to learn about how to make plugins for the longest time, so uh, I did. My issue was basically dark mode in studio was good when I was just editing scripts, but when I went to test something in the 3D world, my eyes were BLAZED. So to fix this, I developed Shades for Studio, which basically simulates having a pair of sunglasses on.

Basically, you toggle it, and everything goes dark. :sunglasses:

So this is the before shot. Argh, my eyes!

if ur wondering why two sunglasses folders, im new to rojo…

And this is the after shot. Much better!

Just a word of warning, if you publish with the shades on, everyone who plays your game will have it darkened too. This is partially intentional (I often publish and test in live servers - believe it or not its a lot quicker that way on Mac…), and partially because I don’t know if there is a work around to stop that.

Edit: Just a word about there only be one setting, which is quite dark. If people use this, I’ll make it so you can edit the shadez object its self (stored under lighting), and any changes made will save. In the mean time uhh, idk just turn up your brightness? jk you can still edit the shadezz object under lighting

13 Likes

Are you putting the shades in StarterGui or CoreGui? It shouldn’t have to the final game if it’s CoreGui.

1 Like

I’m using a colour correction effect sir

6 Likes

-.- damn that’s a better idea

7 Likes

Is it?? I’m wondering if it’d be better to use a GUI to damped the brightness on all the GUIs too

Cool plugin! Disabling the Archivable property on the effect should fix the issue with saving to the game.

20 Likes

genius

But then I realized it might interfere with other plugins and their clicked events.

Cool plugin but can’t I just turn down the brightness on my PC to get the same effect.

But then you can’t see anything except the 3d viewport!

5 Likes

That’s true.

If I did this, I would use a GUI. Still cool concept though

1 Like

Nice work dude.

I mean it’s great for builders to actually see the proper colors of something, as seen by the players.

1 Like

Nice! :smiley:

Yey. I needed something like this. xd

A pretty shady plugin but I love it. Nice job

6 Likes

@tyridge77 Are you throwing shade?

Pun intended.

Nice plugin, I can see this bring useful in some cases.

Woah wait.
It’s summertime
Why he trying to throw shade.

All jokes aside, this is a nice plugin that does improve night-time development.

I approve of this dark humor.

2 Likes