Shadows not appearing?

Hello, this is my first post and I’m not sure if this is in the correct section, as I do not have access to some.
Anyway, shadows have not been appearing using ShadowMap in my game for a few days now.

You can tell where the shadows should be because of the sun rays, but there are none. Shadows no longer appear properly using any technology. This happens in studio as well as in game. I have tried switching the lighting from Legacy/Voxel and back to no avail.
Prior to this issue, I was messing around, switching the lighting technology back and forth. That is the only repro I can think of. Any help or suggestions are appreciated. Thank you.

1 Like

I think it’s because you’re using neon material. If that’s not the case, try restarting your studio.

1 Like

I have also stumbled across this before. But I may know why this is happening:

1. It may mean that your map is very big and shadows only render closer up to an object (I have noticed that before when I was making huge builds). Meaning that the shadows are there, but they are just not rendering from that distance.
  2. A new feature was added which is called “CastShadow.” Check all the parts in the workspace and see if that property is checked to true.
  3. If they do not work, than all I can say is to check the Lighting in the explorer and see if anything is affecting the shadows.

I hope that helps. And good luck on your build!

Disregard my last message!

Actually, before we bring up any solutions, again, try restarting studio. I genuinely think it’s just a glitch, or either you didn’t configure ShadowMap correctly?

After some tampering with the lighting, I got the shadows to appear. I had brightness set to 0, and set it back to 1 which fixed the issue. Thank you very much! :slight_smile:

3 Likes