Shattered Top hat (UGC Concept #5)

My fifth UGC concept! (You can find the rest in this thread)

I wanted to make something unique and cool, and it took me HOURS to figure out how to texture this thing properly. Feedback would be most appreciated! (And yes, those polygon counts are correct)

You can follow me on Twitter for more of these concepts and general project updates.

My portfolio: CLICK HERE

11 Likes

Looks awesome! I love how it looks like glass with that texture - it makes it look like red ice! Really like it!

4 Likes

Wow! It looks like a lot of time and effort went into this creation! Phenomenal job! I’ll be sure to check out the rest of your creations! Keep up the great work! :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Appreciate it! Believe it or not, the modeling part was straight forward. A couple booleans, some cleanup, triangulation, BOOM, model done. The texturing was where I almost lost my sanity.

1 Like

I should mention it’s been rendered in Blender to make it more appealing to the eye. The texture doesn’t look this glossy, unfortunately. :frowning:

2 Likes

Glossy or not, this looks pretty well made regardless. Well done!

2 Likes

It looks fantastic! I like how it goes for a pixel look!

2 Likes

Very cool looking hat! Looks cool with floating pieces of cracking part’s and with pixel’s! :grinning:

2 Likes

Really nice. I think the only thing that could improve it would be to make the base of the top hat a little larger.

1 Like