SHIFT + SLASH opens the emotes menu on Azerty keyboards

I have recently been playing games that uses the emotes menu and when using an azerty keyboard you have to press SHIFT and SLASH simultaneously to be able to write something.

However, the slash key on azerty keyboards also opens the emotes menu which is also very annoying when talking with other players, meaning that when I want to chat, it also opens up the emotes menu.
The only way I can counter that is by clicking on the chat bar but that is also very annoying to do.

4 Likes

My friend just found out that the keybind to talk in chat and open emotes GUI in Roblox are the same for azerty keyboards, he describe that when he press β€œ/” to open chat it also opens the emote gui wich is very problematic and disturbing, so I was wondering if there was any way to change the actual keybind for emotes menu.

5 Likes

I’m using an Azerty keyboard and I’m also experiencing this problem. The β€œ/” and β€œ:” characters are located on the same key so the emotes menu appears when I try to chat with the β€œ/” key. This is a very annoying issue and I’m sure adding the ability to change your keybinds would be an easy fix.

I have a Belgium Period keyboard which is a pretty generic azerty keyboard with a few differences. From what I can tell it happens on pretty much every azerty keyboard.

In order to chat I need to press SHIFT + =.
In order to play an animation I need to press the = key.

This all started happening after the animation key got moved from the B key to my chat button. It’s very annoying to type in game and having to close the animation window every time. In order to deal with it I try to post in pairs, so I’ll type one sentence and follow it up with another, so the second one closes the animation window.

My keyboard layout:

Example:

7 Likes