Shirt Maker - Clothing creator plugin released! Design & make clothes by your own scripts!

I use Paint.NET (the program, not the website) for pixel precise clothing creation. Scripted clothing creation is one of the premiums for the plugin, so you have to pay the premium of the plugin.

Edit: oh yeah, and I used the Paint.NET distortion effects to make the GREYCAT! group logo and the “graphic design is my passion” shirt on my 01422X account

3 Likes

So what even is this plugin?

It can’t apparently. Must be free and/or open-sourced.

3 Likes

Basically it’s a premium plugin that allows you to make clothing easily with a few premiums like scripted clothing creation.

3 Likes

How do you even change the color or anything tho?

3 Likes

watch this:

3 Likes

My argument is that, if you know your way around making clothes without a plugin, why pay extra to make clothes?

Making clothing on roblox without this plugin is 10 Robux, why spend 39 Robux on just one piece of clothing?

2 Likes

Very practical question, ty! I was waiting for this one so long :slight_smile:

First of all, I suggest to see tutorial video appr. from 08:00 a minute.

The answer:

In the “shirtMaker” modulescript you have the “.create()” function.
Inside this function you have access to the selected frame.

In the sample file I also added a second parameter, called “pixel” that is a sizable frame inside the selected frame, for your convenience (can be ignored if you want to define your own objects).

To simpliest way to recolor to red a 10x10 area in the middle of the selected frame (e.g. the selected part of the shirt) use this script inside the module’s create() function:

local p = pixel:Clone()
p.Size = UDim2.fromOffset(10,10)
p.Position = UDim2.fromOffset(frame.AbsoluteSize.X/2-5, frame.AbsoluteSize.Y/2-5)
p.BackgroundColor3 = Color3.new(1,0,0)
p.Parent = frame

The script with the result:

1 Like

If one doesn’t need this kind of plugin, he doesn’t need it even if it is free or if it costs some Robux. There are a thousand or more free and paid plugins out there, I have 20 only in my Studio.

I share as many details in the post as I can and you can see how it works in the tutorial video, so you can easily decide if you are interested in such a tool or not.

I hope you finally see that it is a great help in many clothing related creative situation.

2 Likes

It has premium features like scripted clothing creation. You can make truly unique clothing.

4 Likes

It is time to say you a big TX for your great support!

2 Likes

I don’t think people understand why plugins for very specific categories are paid and how they give advantages. Your plugin is good for scripted clothing creation and also pixel perfect clothing designing. It is a lot lighter than Paint.NET which is also a plus.

4 Likes

How does a script make it unique??

3 Likes

your script can use random number generation to make unique gradients or patterns.

4 Likes

You are a programmer, you surely know that you can much more with a script than without it :slight_smile:
I hope some guys will share some small ideas here really soon!

A possible way: insert overlapping / rotated / snap-to-grid collage images on your shirts, create mandelbot graphs, make optical illusions, color effects, effected text labels etc.

2 Likes

I have a new idea: let the users load their own png file to make some modification on them if they want to. I’ve added it to the original post’s todo list :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Please change the category to #resources:community-resources before this post gets taken down.

Nice creative plugin btw

3 Likes

Ty for your comment and the great words!

It has been discussed earlier (see above) that this is not a free plugin thus it can’t be in the community resource category. (Unfortunately)
As I know this is a good (best?) place for paid plugins, many of them can be found here. Any feedback is welcome, this is the “official support forum” for my plugin.

I hope they won’t take it down! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You’re basically saying “I don’t need this, give it to me for free.”

If somebody wants the features offered, they’ll be happy to pay for the plugin. If not, then they don’t need to get it.

2 Likes

That’s exactly what I’m not trying to say, I’m just looking for a reason to pay extra for a plugin. I’ve just found out that you can script really amazing things, didn’t know that at first.

2 Likes

I’m happy that finally you have found the plugin’s extra feature (e.g. comparing to drawing in Paint dot net, as someone mentioned above).

I realized that it is not that easy to communicate what is it good for, this is why I published the tutorial video recently.

In fact, I haven’t had time to draw anything more serious yet, there are many "after-post " things to do today :slight_smile:

2 Likes