Shirt not showing on avatar when wearing it

Hello!

I am starting a clothing group on roblox, but whenever I upload a shirt template and moderation approves, I cannot wear the shirt. It just shows nothing and my avatar is topless. When I proceed to join a game, the shirt shows on my avatar, just invisible on my profile.

I used the search button on the forum, but not a single post had issues with shirts.

The Template

Here is a video showing the issue:

DISCLAIMER: Since this post is old/outdated, the shirt is now working, but in the comments, people are having the same issue, and should be posting a link to their shirts/pants that have the issue as well.

The only solution I can find for this issue is to go back into the software you made the clothing, make a slight edit, and save it as a different file. This is really annoying and less efficient.

Any help or advice is appreciated!

25 Likes

The Moderation Filter is possibly picking up something wrong with the Text as I can see the C in Coneylove113 the C is slightly off of the template so Try and fix that and it should work, and if I am incorrect someone else could help you.

5 Likes

I just quickly typed my username all over the shirt template as a watermark. There were no words on the actual shirt.

Thanks for the help though!

4 Likes

I think you have to wait a couple hours until the shirt passed the system, and then you can wear it in the whole server.

8 Likes

Well, if you look at the video, I have the shirt, “Holiday Light Suit” and I published that shirt a long time ago. That shirt also doesn’t show on my avatar either.

Though the help is appreciated!

5 Likes

The exact same thing is happening to me. Does it come up ingame for you? Because it does for me. I’m gonna check a bit later if it appears for other accounts a bit later.

1 Like

I apologize for bumping the post. I changed the topic category and edited the post a little to make more sense and to fit with the category since this seems like a bug.

Yes it does, but it still leaves your avatar on the website topless.

3 Likes

Just re-upload it and it should be fine. Also prevent yourself from trying on the shirt in profile, avatar, etc after uploading until it appears.
The only reason why it does that is that I think you tried on the shirt before the shirt was approved, so just try not to do that and wait a couple of minutes around 10 or so.

Sorry for my lack of grammar

5 Likes

Mhm, I did do this but something with the file just didn’t let it show up on the website. I have a routine of uploading shirts and then trying them on a few hours later, so I don’t think the reason below works 100% of the time.

1 Like

This is a engine bug, it needs to be resolved. If it does not happen 100% of the time, that’s why. I have noticed that 5% of the time, my shirt doesn’t show up. It happens with other shirts too, it’s really annoying, but it’s not the shirt. It’s the engine.

2 Likes

I’ve had this issue in the past with some articles of clothing that I would upload. For me, if I would try and put the clothing on before it is approved by moderation, it tends to be invisible. Other times, it would be already approved by moderation and when I put it on, it could sometimes tend to be invisible. For me, the solution was to just keep trying to put it on a few times or simply just waiting a bit of time. However, I have read up in your post and you said previous clothing still shows to be invisible so I am not really sure what that cause is.

1 Like

This still occurs for me, but instead of making the clothing, I bought it off someone but it still seems to not work

I’ve tried redrawing my avatar, waiting weeks, switching outfits, using it on other outfits, etc. still doesn’t work

8 Likes

This also happens to me. It doesn’t occur exclusively to shirts, at least for me. Sometimes when I try to wear anything, the avatar thumbnail either gets stuck loading or shows the last thumbnail I had.

I am unsure if this is related but sometimes when I try putting on any of my outfits, the body colors don’t change, making me have to click on the outfit twice.

Just now, when I tried equipping this outfit, it didn’t set the bodycolors correctly.

It did send correctly, afaik:

1 Like

Been happening in the avatar tab where you customize your character as well, You have to click it at least 3 times for it to be worn and seen.

3 Likes

Update on this: this seems to have meant it’s been “ghosted” or unwearable by ROBLOX themselves, as the same outfits shown in my clip are now deleted from ROBLOX

2 Likes

I’m having the same issue. It’s been over a day, since I had my friend upload the shirt I needed uploaded. It loads perfectly in game, but doesn’t show up on my avatar. It’s beginning to get annoying, because I’ve had this happen before with clothing I uploaded back when I had premium.

2 Likes

I have been having a similar problem for around a week, I try to put on my shirt, it loads properly on the website, I go into a random game, like when I normally play, then it doesn’t show, I am not sure what to do because I had to load another avatar that I don’t usually use and it works, but it should work almost all the time because it’s just a noob outfit with no shirt, just colors. You can see my avatar loads fine on the website like my icon but it doesn’t work in game.

Guys if your shirts do not work, it would be helpful to post a link to the shirt, so roblox staff can check it out themselves. Also as a side note, the Valentines shirt that I uploaded back in January is currently working. I remember testing it for weeks and it wouldn’t show up, but it shows up for now.

That’s because the shirt you bought was inappropriate. Roblox will moderate any lingerie on the website, and that bathing suit counts.

I think you have to click redraw avatar when that happens (wearing something but it doesnt show up)

1 Like

I’ve had this issue before and I don’t know if you’ve resolved it yet but my brother is an experienced clothing designer and he says to not wear the shirt while it’s loading and being processed by ROBLOX. So basically when you upload wait for the shirt to appear before you put it on. Hope this helps.

1 Like