Shorea Lab showcase thing

this is a little project i’m working on, any feedback would be appreciated!

this is still a WIP, and this is a fun thing for me to do :slight_smile:
again, any feedback would be appreciated
i will add more development pictures later

Background:
Shorea Lab is a game inspired by Arctic Base and SCP:Unity
The lab contains anomalies and has experimental machines which can do… strange things.
–scripting progress–
-job system
-anomaly breaching
-limb size editor
-anomalies
this entire game is being made by me so progress is a bit slow :slight_smile:
i’ll be putting more images soon.

link:

5 Likes

Looks like a solid project.
I also think I spotted something, are the first two images Innovation Arctic Base inspired? Their layout reminds me of it just a bit. [That’s not a bad thing, they look really nice]

Only critique I have is to maybe add a little bit of detail [crown molding, doorframes, wall patterns etc] to take away from the sterile feeling. Don’t worry about performance impacts because we have the lord and saviour StreamingEnabled.

1 Like

it’s a bit inspired by arctic base and yes i am at the moment just scripting the machines and stuff i am fairly new to lua learned it a month ago :slight_smile:

EDIT: The newer version of the lab does have doorframes, the pictures in the first post are a bit outdated.

2 Likes

i also cannot afford a scripter or a builder or even a gfx because i want to do commisions but have not done any yet, and have no robux income so I don’t want to waste any bobux. ( Not that I have much) So I have to pretty much solo everything. But luckily I am pretty okay at everything :wink:

1 Like

hangar bay
(not done)

1 Like

this is another hallway, next to the server room glimpsed in the first post

1 Like

This is updated containment for CTA-177

(not done yet)

1 Like

It looks pretty nice, great job! :+1:

2 Likes

Haven’t posted on this for a while, here’s some progress.

CTA-155’s containment:

Cargo Area (in heavy containment)

The hallway glimpsed in the old post, now known as sector one.

Second part of the hallway:

1 Like

Haha, sanitizer lord. Anyways this Lab Showcase looks really good! Good job! :grin: You’re a really good builder!

1 Like

Thanks! Sanitizer lord was a joke, but I stuck with it. He runs the shop now, as you can see in this updated image of the BSS Locker:

1 Like

Updated genetic modifier (Now works!)

First variation of the mid-hallway room in HCZ:

Second variation:

1 Like

This is a checkpoint leading to the new zone, which is a WIP.

1 Like