Should I make my game r6 or r15?

I currently am getting a game made that is a Be A Pro X CHEL where you can customize your character and upgrade stats to increase your ovr. So for the customization part and making all the things like sticks and skates, would it be easier for all that to be made in r6 or r15? Both have their advantages and disadvantages but please let me know.

5 Likes

R15 is better but you can do r6 with bones

Probably should be in #help-and-feedback:game-design-support

Anyways, seeing that your game will probably have skates (which requires animations), here’s my input on the matter.
R6 is a lot easier since it has less components. Which is also a downside that it has less components.

If you are trying to get your game out really quickly, I would stick to r6. If you want to make your game expansive (but also will accept the amount of time) then go with r15.

13 Likes

R15 is better for a game like that

1 Like

This belongs in #help-and-feedback:game-design-support since this is asking for game design help; not intending to be a discussion.

1 Like

R15 takes experienced animators. If R15 Animation is done amazing, it’s amazing. If it’s done mediocre or badly, it’ll look terrible. I’d suggest sticking to the casual R6 as it’ll make it 100% easier to animate and overall can never look horrible. :+1:

2 Likes

Ok thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it.

1 Like

I almost always choose R6 for fun little builds, but for a game like that you’ll probably want R15.

1 Like

Yeah. The only thing I am wondering is the customization. Like will it be easier to make things like stick textures and all of the add-ons like mouthguards with r6 or r15?

Yeah. but customization would be an issue in r15 though with mouthguards, helmets, and all that.

While it would probably be an issue, if your trying to make your game big keep in mind Roblox favors and features R15 games.

Both would relay on the character head (and r6 + r15 have the same head)

Anyways, regarding other things like knee guards and stuff, same as my answer above. It would be easier in r6 because the leg’s specific parts aren’t bending, whereas r15 is. However it could look better in r15 but will require more time to perfect.

That is true. But if I want my game to expand in customization and creativity then it will be hard to do it in r15. Maybe I could make part of it r15 for goalies and some stuff in r6 like players idk.

Yeah that is true. Do you think if I do the player in r6 and make the goalie r15 it could be easier? Because idk how I would get pads onto a r6 character.

Within your game you need to choose an r6 rig, r15 rig, or player choice. So hate to say it, but that wouldn’t be an option (without complex rig emulation) :sweat_smile:

You could start with R6 but as you get more experience it’d be a good idea to experiment with R15.

1 Like

Yeah I just realized that lol. This will be hard if I want both goalie and player customizations.

Maybe if the game goes into a part 2 I could try that (if the game goes popular), or a future update. But, how would I fit goalie pads onto a r6?

1 Like

sounds amazing love chel and be a pro i hope you make it

Thanks! The game currently only needs a modeler and I am sorting out details. The game should be out late December so stay tuned! (Game will be called Hockey Universe).