Should I sponsor, advertise, or do both to promote my game?

Hello, I am wanting to advertise my game on Roblox, however, I’m stuck on which is the best way to do it. I am wanting to spend 3k robux on the span of advertisements.

Should I sponsor the game, advertise it, or do both? If I sponsor it, which is the best platform to do it on? My main concern is spending a lot on a 24 hour ad and when it’ts done, the game has no players playing it. Please help.

9 Likes

I would highly recommend sponsoring it only, as really ads are only super successful with groups or clothing. I would also sponsor entirely on PC, unless your game has support for any other platforms. Anywhere from 2 - 5 days is what usually works best for me.

Good luck on your game, I hope it does well!

14 Likes

Thank you, It supports phone, PC, and mobile, also, how much should I spend since I have 3k in stock.

Sponsering on tablet/phone gets higher impressions than PC, but have a lower CTR rating.

2 Likes

Honestly, if you want your game to really get up there I would spend anywhere between 100k - 300k. The amount of Robux that you have might get some players, but I recommend using #public-collaboration:public-recruitment to get an investor (if the game looks good enough, they will definitely come).

As for which platform, I would stick with anywhere between 50% - 75% going towards PC, and then split it evenly between the rest.

10 Likes

ok, you helped a lot thank you!

2 Likes

I have found greater long term success with sponsoring, but ads do have their place.

I use a mixture of PC and Xbox sponsoring. I’ll give you some figures as my spend so far on my current game is roughly the same as you are planning to spend.

As you can see, the CTR on Tablet and Phone are dreadful. But when you take in to account the Clicks Per Robux (CPR) they aren’t actually too bad. It’s a small sample size for mobile but the figures are:

Phone 1.19
Tablet 1.14
XBox 1.52
Desktop 0.85

I’ve also ran an Ad that had a CTR of 0.95% and a CPR of 1.21. But the value of ads can vary greatly depending on the quality of the actual ad itself.

I have found XBox sponsorship to give me the greatest engagement in terms of play time, and that running the Ad was vastly superior to Desktop sponsoring, but sponsoring got me a lot more actual visits (Average visit length for desktop on those days was nearly double).

6 Likes

From all the advertisements, did you end up getting your money back? I am scared of losing money when advertising

1 Like

I’ve more than broke even, with Ads being the most profitable.

It’s hard to tell how profitable your game is going to be without some experimentation.

Honestly I’d definitely go with ads. they are way more effective in my experience, and are way more profitable. Admittedly the sample size on the sponsors are a bit small, but I believe the difference is drastic enough, just in CTR to show which one is clearly superior.

The ad is fairly simple as well.

3 Likes

I think that might be more an issue with your logo design than anything else. Your ad tells me something about a game and kinda has a call to action with “Evolve!”. The logo for Bloc Blitz doesn’t give me much to work with at all.

1 Like

Yes. But no. Ads take up much more space, and are far more prominent on the screen. It’s much easier to see, so players are more likely to click. Sponsored games are lost in a sea of other games and thus have far lower click rates, especially when they have other options displayed in front of them, that they’re familiar with. I’ve ran sponsors with styles similar to the ad, and they net similar results to the former sponsor.

8 Likes