[SHOWCASE] The Gas Station!

A while back i created a scene called the “Abandoned Gas station” and from that i really got amazing feedback and i was able to improve the gas station and make it look even better. It would be very awesome if you give me some feedback :slightly_smiling_face:

The old gas station post i made a while back:

Improved Gas station

You can check out the showcase here:

Also i just wanted to say thank you to a friend for helping me out and completing this small project with me. There is also something very special in the showcase :grinning:

Thank you for reading :grin:

24 Likes

Gaming station filled with gas

2 Likes

I need to go to the hospital because my jaw dropped when I joined your game!

This is absolutely stunning, the modeling, the terrain, and even the lighting. I love how you included an “aftermath” game which looks like the gas station blew up, lol.

1 Like

Hey there,
Judging based off of the screenshots you provided, the build looks utterly amazing! I cannot believe how much people can do with the platform. But seriously, it’s amazing. Keep up the great work, and thanks for letting us comment on your work.

1 Like

Thank you TheAmazingDailyDev for helping me out with this project :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Looks good, just wanted to give a few areas of improvement.

First off, maybe stretch the tires vertically a bit. Generally tires aren’t perfectly circular in the minor segment if that makes sense.
Screen Shot 2020-05-22 at 1.50.36 AM

Next, maybe you could hang these hats up on a little mannequin head, rather than a whole NPC
Screen Shot 2020-05-22 at 1.51.46 AM

Finally, maybe have these spinners spin a bit slower. Also, you probably should make them local as they can stutter a bit if it’s server sided.

Edit: I ended up going to The Aftermath and it made me feel a bit unnerved, in a good way. Only thing I could really find was this sign, maybe randomly tilt the letters to make it look a bit more natural instead of just tilting the whole model, if that makes sense.

3 Likes

I love the game.
I find it quite humorous with the after math.

1 Like

Gas station fill of fruity pebbles

1 Like

Me and my pal were going to surprise people with the aftermath and it did, anyways i’m really happy that you liked the showcase :grin:

1 Like

Great work, love the exterior however the interior could use a little bit of work! Might wanna fix the fact that the NPC is floating.

2 Likes

I love, love, love the design choices and everything about it, the colour scheme matches really well with the sand and it looks like it should be there which is really good design wise as we are talking about a… desert.

1 Like

I enjoyed this showcase a lot! I like the tiny additions of humor here and there. :grin:

Critique:

• Needs extra details in the interior (As this is a showcase.)

• Gas station as a whole feels a bit boxy. Could add a little extension to one of the sides.

• Instead of using a torus from blender to make the tire try using a regular cylinder part and adding detail from there (Use solid modeling.)

This was an amazing showcase and has lots of promise! Also like the addition of the “Aftermath” Good luck with your future creations! :grinning:

1 Like

Thank you for the feedback guys, i really appreciate it, it will help me :grin:

amazing showcase you made, keep up the good work

1 Like

Amazing showcase, how long has this take you to make?

1 Like