Simple Door: Open source multifunctional door

I just released my new free model called Simple Door. It’s a staff door, game pass door, Roblox Premium door and more in one package.

There is support for 4 different ‘Tactics’ of reacting when an unauthorized player tries to enter.

1. Collision Groups (unauthorized players cannot walk through, authorized players can walk through)
  2. Teleports unauthorized player to included ‘TeleportLocation’ part.
  3. Teleports only authorized players to included ‘TeleportLocation’ part. (Unauthorized players will be prompted + the door just acts like a solid wall)
  4. Respawn

Feature List

• Aforementioned Tactics
  • Roblox Premium support (including PromptPurchase)
  • Game pass support (including PromptPurchase)
  • Group support, uses Extended Group Service by @NurZwanzigBuchstaben (up to date results)
  • Manual whitelist / blacklist
  • Customizable pop up (you can change the message or turn off the pop up entirely)

If you’re interested in getting the model, you can take it here.
Take Model
Read Manual

31 Likes

I actually spent a few days trying to code one of these from scratch a while back… Let’s just say it didn’t work out.

This is an amazing resource, thank you!

2 Likes

https://gyazo.com/c22e2e8f7022618633f091bc711e83f3
This is for Tactic 2.

1 Like

There’s a specific debounce timer which may be too long if the teleport location is too close to the door. You can either move it back a bit, or use a different Tactic instead.

How long is the timer?
It would have helped if the spawn point was at the point it could not be bypassed

1 Like

Took a look at the code, and turns out I was using quite a high value for the debounce. I’ve decreased it, and if you’re using the automatically updating version, this should not happen anymore.

1 Like

You might be able to solve the problem if, by use of tables, create a debounce specific to each Player. Then just wrap a coroutine to wait and flag off the debounce once the time has expired.

1 Like

That’s what I’m trying to do with this system, but I’m not sure it’s in complete working state since I have no way of throwing multiple players at it.
Edit: The problem was that the timer to each specific player was too long (2 seconds), that’s why the player in the video was able to go through again. Not sure if it’s fixed now, but I have decreased the time to 0.8 seconds.

It’s a bad idea to teleport the player if they aren’t in a specific group!

Instead use PhysicsService to create collision groups!

Nvm, can’t read lmao

You do realize this door supports both options, right? Have you read the OP?

I really love this door - I will definitely use and customise it for my upcoming games!

1 Like

Uhh- now the feature fo premium users is now broken… I used it on my main account, which has premium, and it did not let me through. Of course, I had the premium settings on, but it literally did nothing. I’m not sure why it isnt working anmore, and is kindof annoying since I know have to search through and find a new one for my game. If it still works for you… it may just be my settings… but I don’t think so.