Simple dropdown module

this is a simple module that creates a dropdown, you can add as many buttons as you want and each button can have a function

link :DropdownModule 1.3 - Roblox
this model comes with the module and the example shown in the videos below

this is one of my first community resources and i just want to see how well i did
it just uses a ui page layout and isnt hard to create without a script, i just wanted to test my skills at using module scripts

example script:

local dropdownmodule = require(game.ReplicatedStorage.DropdownModule)
local frame = dropdownmodule.new(script.Parent.TextButton, UDim2.new(1, 0, 1.5, 0), false, 0.1, 0.5, Enum.EasingDirection.Out, Enum.EasingStyle.Back, false --[[set this to false to show all buttons]], 1)

for i=1, 5 do --5 is how many buttons it will make
local mainbutton = frame:addbutton(script.TextButton:Clone(), "what") --they will all say what
	end

frame.ButtonClicked:Connect(function(button)
		script.Parent.TextButton.Text = button.Text
	end)
12 Likes

I have one question, is there a way to make it a classic drop down menu where you see every option at the same time? Because the way it is looks good but doesn’t explain clearly what choices the Player has, otherwise looks good!

1 Like

dropdown module 1.3 update, setting a value to false in the frame creation lets all buttons be shown

local frame = dropdownmodule.new(script.Parent.TextButton, UDim2.new(1, 0, 1.5, 0), false, 0.1, 0.5, Enum.EasingDirection.Out, Enum.EasingStyle.Back, false --[[set this to false to show all buttons]], 1)
1 Like