Simple Rope Bridges | A tedious and long process now done in seconds!

Introducing the next installment to my “Simple” plugin series…

Simple Rope Bridges!

This plugin has had several hours poured into it for you all to be capable of creating rope bridges in the easiest way possible with as much customization needed, since (until now) there hasn’t been a plugin to make this a extremely easy task!

Key bridge customization options featured:

• “Bridge Depth” slider (How low the bridges center will hang)
  • Material Selecting (Supports MaterialService custom materials!)
  • “Gap Distance” slider (The size of gaps between parts on the bridge)
  • Many more minor customization options including color customization for parts and more!

The plugin interface:

• The smallest Widget size:

• All the customization options:

• The Color3 Value Picker:

• The Material Picker:

• The Vector3 picker:

• The BrickColor picker: (This exists only for Rope Color customization since ropes still don’t support Color3…)

• The Value Slider:

How to use:

All you have to do to use this plugin is “Enable Build Mode” then click one area then a “Visual Bridge” will start following your mouse to then when you click again is when you create a full bridge!

I have put a immense amount of time to try figure out how to optimize part counts as much as possible for the Rope Bridges created and I’d personally say it can’t get any better, this is a key for you to actually make use of it in your own games since it shouldn’t have major performance impacts if used “responsibly” but also the customization options can help lower part counts further for even better performance!

Here’s how the bridges can look! (This depends on how YOU customize them!)

Feel free to reply to this post with any suggestions you may have regarding this plugin or share anything you built that uses this plugin, I personally would really enjoy seeing how much this plugin helps bring your building ideas come to life!

NOTICE:

Ropes do tend to be buggy with there distance calculations but you can just select the rope constraint and modify it yourself till it’s correct for your bridge, this is something I spent multiple hours trying to perfect and it is far from perfect!
(This is assuming if you will use the Rope since you can toggle it off so you can all easily use another plugin like Rope Master for better looking ropes!)

Get the plugin here:

Feel free to join my Community Server to find out info on my main projects and plugin info:

19 Likes

kenya include some vids of it in action!

2 Likes

As of now, I unfortunately can’t but I will certainly try to get some vids of it sometime this week if I can! :pray:

2 Likes

Nice! Thanks. (rip last post)

4 Likes

Previous post was taken down since it was a repost of this but with the discord link, I decided to remove the discord link in the repost then I got mods to take down the non-discord link since this one got approved shortly after the repost did (it was in pending for over a hour)

But also thanks for the praise for this plugin, this is by far the most technical and largest plugin I’ve released so far.

2 Likes

can you do it quicker please?

Great work, can you add the ability to change the amount the walkway sags as this would be great.

Julian

2 Likes

The segments are automatically generated based on the “Gap Distance” and Z axis size of the bridge parts, this means there is no way to change them directly so this is the best way to customize the amount of bridge segments! :+1:

1 Like

Maybe add photos of the bridge?

1 Like

Simple Rope Bridges Version 1.0.1.27 includes:

1. The plugin now cancels loading fully when in any form of “Run” mode when in studio to maximize performance when testing in-studio!

Note: I’ve included a picture on how the bridges look to the original main post this is replying to.

Get the plugin here:

https://www.roblox.com/library/9788482904/Simple-Rope-Bridges

this looks really useful, thanks!

2 Likes

You should make it shake whenever player walks on bridge