Skinned MeshPart Studio Beta

Its just an experiment and not something I intend to use in a commercial game lol.

3 Likes

are we collectively ready as a community for this kind of power

43 Likes

i like how the video’s name is just s t r e t c h . m p 4

this is going to be the best update ever

7 Likes

I saw a lot of people having trouble with beginners. Why are there difficulties? Because first, what is the name of the app that I need when trying to make a model? How do I specify it? The beginners and younger siblings people. Please explain easily

1 Like

I am currently running an older version of Avatar Evolution with Skinned Mesh enabled and created some FPS animations for a game with this as outcome.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1292019181760794625

One mesh, no separation and one weapon mesh.

1 Like

you’ve been freed, do you know hard it is to lead?(wait this isn’t hamilton)
Not sure if that’s of any help, but Skinned MeshParts were part of the Avatar Evolution Build: Introducing the "Avatar Evolution" Studio Beta Build! & Avatar Evolution | Building the future of Roblox avatars and more!

3 Likes

Are there any news on when this update will be re-enabled? I have a game which the development of is dependent on this feature.

25 Likes

This is a pretty good feature! Great for developers to add their own character models and animations.

4 Likes

Can someone explain to me what skinned meshes are? I mean its obviously a different topic than the new mesh features like animating or deforming or pbr. The description doesn’t give enough for me to understand. :confused:

Thx! :slight_smile:

This should be banned footage. Its an abomination. Clearly the next apocalyptic wave of 2020

7 Likes

I second this. I was stumped for a while how I would include non-humanoid (in the literary sense) monsters in my game. Then this came out and it cleared up that issue. I’m just waiting excitedly for it to be released. But I worry that it will take a while to hit studio beta, much less become an in-game feature. If either of these things take too long, it will definitely hurt my development cycle and ability to release my game.

4 Likes

there is also a thing called animation controler that allow you to load animations in a rig without humanoid, but you woud need to make the hp of monsters with no humanoid and the physics.

1 Like

I meant non-humanoid in the literary sense, meaning like a humanoid creature: it doesn’t look vaguely like a person.

1 Like

i have made non humanoid before normaly using humanoid, it is the same way as you do a normal rigging but with diferent parts position and names.
as you can see my portifolio.
https://dyzcroll.carbonmade.com/

2 Likes

Wow, that’s a cool portfolio. But in the animation section, I can’t see anything past #15. When I click on it to see the full size version nothing shows up.

1 Like

i takes a while to load, this website is not that good, reload the page try to see if works.
also there is no option to see full size.
the website is aready showing the full size

2 Likes

yup they’re the same as blendshapes

2 Likes

Couple more questions about this feature:

1. Will Blender animations utilizing IK be compatible w/ mesh deformation?
  2. Will it be possible to animate skinned meshes in animation editor by clicking on the bones themselves rather than clicking on their names?
5 Likes

you dont need to worry abbout that, when exporting a animation you can bake actions.
it converts your animation filling up all the frames in the animation.
them you can delete the ik bones and constraints for exporting.

your animation will still work as intended in roblox.

and yes you will be able to animate using roblox animation plugin, i’ve did it in the beta state of mesh deformation version of roblox studio.

2 Likes

It’s just mesh deformation. So you can bend and twist meshes. There usually used for animating so it looks more better.

3 Likes