Skinned MeshParts are live!

Could the ImportCustomAnim plugin be put on sale? Seems it’s not by mistake.

5 Likes

Hey @Weldify, this may be dependent on the rig setup. I’m guessing the editor is interpreting the root incorrectly. Could you PM me the model so i can investigate further?

3 Likes

Great update. Can you use this to deform existing models that have curves you don’t want?

2 Likes

I have noticed an issue. When you would want to weld or attach a part like a weapon or armor it will not move with the mesh. This creates quite a big issue when you would want to add a gun to the character.

In other studio’s we can attach other meshes to bones and we cannot do that in roblox studio. Moreover, I have noticed when in-game the bones stay in the same place as in the original bone position no matter if an animation is playing or not. However, everything else seems perfect with animations etc.

1 Like

How to make an R15 without a section mark like the “Lola” example you gave

2 Likes

I’m not sure why changing the scale on export is not enough?

If you do need to scale the animations, there is this plugin to try:

3 Likes

@Ukendio Yes you can add to the R15 parts and have them skin.
If you are not using Bones, you just need each Part name to match the joint name.

2 Likes

@Hiuh29 By section mark, I assume you mean the line across the torso.

This is caused by the vertex normals following the rounded body parts.

To fix this you have to hand edit the vertex normals in the authoring tool.
One way to do this is to line up the vertices between parts and snap them to be the same.

2 Likes

@AndreiBernikov Yes, currently Bones do not affect other Parts - they are purely visual.
You can make a Part follow a Bone with a script.

Also, yes, the contraints visualizer will only show the unanimated position of the Bones.
A future update will have a way to visualize the moving Bones.

2 Likes

@ript_demamba No, the models have to be built with joint/bones inside them. You can’t use existing mesh.

2 Likes

@asbuf To be clear, the S1 type was given as an example. You can only use this for your custom avatars or for non-player characters.
There are no plans to offer or support S1 for Avatars in general. Only S15 Avatars will be made available in the Roblox Catalog and these will be backwards compatible with existing places.

6 Likes

@JFalconYo My mistake, it should be available now.

3 Likes

Hello and thank you for answering me. All my normals are oriented towards the outside I can’t quite see the difference with Lola can you tell me more?

There’s just one problem, one problem.

1. The bone movement is quite delayed
  2. When a decal (or any texture on it) changes, it goes back to its initial bone state (I’m trying to make a moving wall that turns its head to your body, and it blinks, so whenever the eye texture changes it always goes back to its initial state)

To further explain about number 2, changing a decal’s transparency, removing a decal, ect. makes the bone go back to its initial state as well. Also, clickdetector hitboxes aren’t compatible with this.
I understand that this is still a very early release, but this has been in beta for quite some time now.
I expected this to be flawless.

Two weeks ago we could import our custom creatures and it would generate HumanoidRootPart and all proper attachment connections…and we could load custom animations through FBX. As of last week, our imports stopped generating HumanoidRootPart & attachment connections.

Did you guys update the custom importer? Please let us know as our entire creature pipeline is built on this importer and right now our game production is held up.

Thanks
Before:

After:

1 Like

Love the update. Been waiting for this for literal ages.

However, any possible way that we could get real time deforming functionality within studio? i.e without having to go into the animator. I kinda dislike the fact that I have to go into blender to rig when I feel like doing it manually would be so much easier. Rigging in blender is a complete nightmare for those who’re new. Rigging in Roblox is so much easier.

I almost wish that I could be able to access wireframe & vertices within each part similar to how blender does it to create an avatar that way. Less of a learning curve if you’re familiar with studio. A mirror option would also be cool if possible.

Thanks.

1 Like

The Custom option for the Avatar Importer no longer requires the ‘_Geo’ tag in order to support any rig. I’ve switched over to using ‘Rthro’ instead and it works the same way Custom did before from what I’ve experienced- you may have some extra values in your import thought, like OriginalScale but you can just delete that.

There’s just one problem, one problem.

1. The bone movement is quite delayed
  2. When a decal (or any texture on it) changes, it goes back to its initial bone state (I’m trying to make a moving wall that turns its head to your body, and it blinks, so whenever the eye texture changes it always goes back to its initial state)

To further explain about number 2, changing a decal’s transparency, removing a decal, ect. makes the bone go back to its initial state as well. Also, clickdetector hitboxes aren’t compatible with this.
I understand that this is still a very early release, but this has been in beta for quite some time now.
I expected this to be flawless.

1 Like

@iSyriux Can you elborate on, “goes back to its initial state”?
Does it flicker for one frame - or loose any changes to the Bone entirely?

4 Likes

I think he means when he changes something like a decal, the rotation, position etc. get put into it’s starting (original) state.

1 Like