Skinning will not be supported

Hello, I am getting a warning in studio.

Skinning will not be supported for Meshpart directly placed under WorkSpace in the future. MeshPart name is root

Where should I use for skinning-meshpart.
It says here, as far as I understand, you will not be able to use it this way in the future. did i misunderstand

4 Likes

Hi EmreHoca! Your understanding is correct. For performance consideration, if you have skinned meshparts, please place them under a model instance instead of directly throwing them under the workspace. It could help solve a lot of potential issues. The skinned meshpart under workspace is still working in studio and live games at the moment due to legacy issues, but it is not suggested and prone to cause more trouble in the future.

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

4 Likes

Hello! Does it need to be a model instance or will a folder instance work? Thank you!

It needs to be a model instance, folder instances are for organization only will have no effect on performance.

2 Likes

Hi! So I have a skinned meshPart in a model already, but this text is still showing up. Do I have to worry about it?

iā€™m having this same issue. it is a meshpart inside of a model. Should i worry about this?