Slowly Revealing GUI'S

Hello! Recently I have played through all of the Entry Point missions and loved it, but sadly the game is out of development now. I wanted to make a game similar to it but I was curious how I could recreate one of the core functions. I wanted to make a circle that slowly reveals down and up. This is kind of hard to explain so here is a video of it:

Please tell me if this is the wrong category for this topic and I will move it.

I thought about using TweenService but I wasn’t sure if there was any way to tween the visible area of a GUI element. If there is a simpler way to do this or a way to tween the visible area than any help is very appreciated. Thanks!

1 Like

Perhaps 2 ImageLabels of half circles set to crop, size tweened down and up respectively?

Nevermind, crop just centers it.
You could try using transparent frames with ClipsDecendents on, then scaling the imagelabel in that, that seems to work.

3 Likes

That works, thank you! I’m not very familiar with UI design, so this helped a lot.

2 Likes

I know this was already solved, just coming by to tell you best of luck on developing. I’ve always wanted a new game like Entry Point.

2 Likes

Thanks! My main account for development is lincol92008 so if you want to look for the game when it’s released you can find it there. Good luck with your development! :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll be looking out for the game.

What would the anchor point be?

1 Like

Yeah, I had problems with this too when I made my system. The starting point should be somewhere around (0.5, 1) or (0.5, 0.5) for the starting anchor point, but you might have to tween the anchor point and position when scripting the Gui.

1 Like