Animations that change your position
Have you ever wanted to make a animation with the movement in the animation or you simply hate having to animate everything in place for simple things like vaulting a ledge or a quick dash/roll and then scripting the movement manually or maybe you just simply find it too complicated to do those things. I did and thus I present the concept of smart animations.
What does it do?
- Automate/Move your actual character in the world when an animation plays
- Come with simple to adjust built-in settings to ignore walls/gravity or work with world physics
What do I need for it?
- The Smart Animation Module Found Here - Smart_Animation_Example - Roblox
- The Smart Animation Module Plugin Found Here - Smart_Animations_Plugin - Roblox
How do I use it?
Create a normal animation that moves the character position :
Save it to your rig :
Click on the KeyframeSequence or the SavedAnims Model in your rig :
Hit Convert on the Smart Animations Plugin :
Load the saved animation back into roblox animator :
Save it to Roblox
Require the smart module :
Create the smart animation track :
(Optional) - Configure your settings :
Play the animation like normal :
- Version 1.0.1 Module-Fix
- Fixed an issue with the frame sorter that would occasionally cause animations to clip back for some frames, due to playing out of sync/order.
- Version 1.0.2 Module-Update
- Added a :pause feature to visual animation
- Tweaked the client-sided code to make visual animations run through collisions more smoothly on the client
- Fixed the issue of being able to play the animation track over itself. Should no longer play over itself if already playing (aiming to restart the whole animation track instead in the future like normal animations)
- Version 1.0.3 Module-Update
- Added a parameter for physical animations called power to increase the distance of a animation without having to change it
- Added better simulated gravity to physical animations
- Version 1.0.4 Module-Fix
- Added collision detection/raycasting to physical animations to remove the potential clipping through walls during high speed movements