Hi Roblox Community!
Today, Bear Development Studios released another development resource!
It is called SmartScale, and can let you easily resize text in text labels, boxes, and buttons to fit!
But how is this any different than the standard
TextScaled property, this can:
- Resize multiple text labels to all be the same size (so all the text fits and each text label doesn’t have a different text size)
- Resize text label’s text so that all the text is on one line (no more wrapping text when you don’t want to!)
How to use:
- Get & Insert into any text label: https://www.roblox.com/library/5839954006
- Inside of the script, there is a folder named “Groups”. For every text element you want to be resized to the same size, add an object value with the value as the text element (the object value can be named anything)
- Inside the script, there is a folder name “Configuration”. Inside of it, you can find the following configurations:
RunOnFontChanged(bool) - Whether or not the resize function when one of the text element’s font is changed
RunOnTextChanged(bool) - Whether or not the resize function when one of the text element’s text is changed
RunOnSizeChanged(bool) - Whether or not the resize function when one of the text element’s size is changed
RunOnScreenSizeChanged(bool) - Whether or not the resize function when the player’s screen size is changed
SingleLine(bool) - Whether or not there should only be one line of text (no text wrapping)
Margin(Integer) - How much space there should be on each side of the text
^ Notice all the buttons have text that fits on one line and are all the same size ^
^ The text is wrapped and each one is a different size ^
Thanks for reading!
Head Developer of Bear Development Team
Questions? Comments? Post them in the replies!