Snadbox, a social hangout game (or VR Hands)

[ Introduction ]

Now that I finally have posting permissions on the Devforum, :wave: greetings ROBLOX Developers! I’d like to showcase a social hangout (or VR Hands) game called Snadbox! I’m deciding to showcase Snadbox because it is “close” to enter Beta stages. Snadbox is still in Alpha and the ROBLOX Community barely knows about the project, so I decided to share my teams game with you guys. Anyways, Snadbox is a VR Hands game. It is immersive and fun, I guess. I’ll let you guys be the judge of that. You won’t be able to play the game at the moment, but take a look at the content and tell me what you think/like.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Snadbox has some of the following;

:dizzy: 30+ Grabbable items
:dizzy: Mini-games
:dizzy: Interactable items (cooking, cutting, etc)
:dizzy: Unique atmosphere, ambience, and art style
:dizzy: VR Headset compatibilities
:dizzy: Unique immersion
:dizzy: Much more!

_________________________________________________________________________________

What/Why else is Snadbox uniquely different (and that you should support) from other VR Hands game? Our motives and reason for the creation of Snadbox for the ROBLOX Community are the following;

:dizzy: The ROBLOX Community needs more unique VR games for the VR Community
:dizzy: Most VR Games are Oculus based (no HTC and Valve support)
:dizzy: VR Hands games now are easily boring/repetitive, un-immersive, barely any interactives, functions being faulty/limited due to different headsets (or confusing uncomfortable controls), etc
:dizzy: Some (from the games I played, like 50% or somewhat) VR games are un-immersive
:dizzy: Most games aren’t VR Supportive and/or have VR Support unnecessarily

[ Videos/Clips of Snadbox ]

There were a lot more clips/videos of Snadbox, but unfortunately they are lost in time. Do note that these are old content of Snadbox, latest ones are in screenshots below.

:dizzy: One of our investors decided it was a good idea to bully our testers (everyone’s cool about it) [Date: ‎Sunday, ‎January ‎30, ‎2022, ‏‎11:49:59 PM | Stage: Pre-Alpha | Map Age: Slightly Old]

:dizzy: One of our investors then made it into meme in the Alternative Studios/Snadbox community [Date: Monday, ‎January ‎31, ‎2022, ‏‎10:45:21 PM | Stage: Alpha | Map Age: Slightly Old]

:dizzy: Friend testing out Snadbox cooking, threw the spice and bounced right back to them (low graphics was on) [Date: FILE LOST | Stage: Alpha | Map Age: Slightly Old]:

and if you look closely at the cooking knife (yes, you can cook knives), they’ll turn into those 1000 degree knife like those old 2015-2017 trends. Anything that touches it will indeed burn it. But not most items. And you can microwave most items. Causing them to explode or do some funky things. Like microwaving a glowstick.

[ Screenshots of Snadbox ]

The screenshots

These photos were taken very recently for this post. Except for the last three images, those images was taken during Alpha and Pre-Alpha times.

Context: The kitchen

Context: The basement lounge(?)

Context: The bathroom

Context: The rooftop lounge

Context: The bedroom

Context: The backyard

Context: The rooftop lounge, again

Context: The second floor hallway

⁽ᴬʳᶦᵒˢᵘ ᶦⁿᶜˡᵘᵈᵉᵈ⁾

Context: The second floor hallway again

Context: Somewhat the living room including the stairs to the second floor and a functional air-hockey table

Context: The actual living room

Context: The backyard, again

Context: The backyard, for the last time

Context: A tester recreating the painting behind the canvas

Context: A tester drawing someone(?) (screenshot took around 6-11 months ago)

Context: A tester cooking for a member of status (they burnt the steak) (screenshot took around 6-11 months ago)

Context: Testers having a great time (screenshot took around a year and a few months ago)

Incredibly sorry for the large post,

Me and my friend Ariosu (@Paimon_osu) are actively trying to work on Snadbox (we and I mean Ariosu mostly, barely speaks English but understands the basics of them. I can speak her language but what I’m saying is that it’s quite hard for her to contribute without knowing what is going on at times. I’m mainly her personal translator and whenever she speaks perfect English it’s either I’m beside her translating or she’s using some software. An added challenge but its nothing big!) with a little bit of commissions and requests on the side from friends of friends (of friends). Any questions or concerns please privately message me and your question/concern will be saved and added to a FAQ on this post for the rest to see! Or simply leave an encouraging comment/reply down below about Snadbox because we small developers are slowly shutting down after months (and still on going) of development on Snadbox.

Please do not post suggestions/ideas (I don’t want your potentially good ideas to fill my todo list even more, it’s big enough and Snadbox has big plans for the future if it gets popular) or criticize unnecessary content that are be old. I do not entirely own Snadbox, Ariosu does. Please do check out the content of Snadbox above as this post is just mainly to tell the ROBLOX Community about Snadbox and see what we can get out of it. Do note that the content shown above is subject to change (lighting/graphic and asset wise).

And please do not ask for an estimated time of when Snadbox is going to be released. It being a new update or release, every time I state the estimated time, it gets delayed. Lack of motivation and support is throwing me down. Any advice will help :grin: ! And also, any personal/private questions please privately message me. If any of the images/videos are Http 404 or just doesn’t exist for some reason then please ping me.

[ FAQ ]

Q: How do I become a tester?
A: We’re not accepting testers at the moment, we’re mainly looking if this community is interested in Snadbox.

Q: When is the game going to be released?
A: We’re working hard and fast as we can. Every time we give an estimated time, we end up needing more time due to reasons that are relating to another developers action or misfortune.

Q: How much time have you guys invested in Snadbox?
A: Half a year.

Q: Is the game open?
A: It is, but there is a whitelist system. So don’t bother joining :grin: .

Q: Are most of the items around the map interactable?
A: Yes, but there are some (that can be messy, for example a shelf holding hundreds of bottles) that aren’t interactable because us players can’t hold back the urge to start trashing the place. Additionally, lag.

Q: Why is your game named Snadbox?
A: Some context and backstory I guess; Sandbox just sounds generic (in my opinion) and overused. People can’t find a specific “sandbox” they want to play and that Sandbox is trademarked (I think) And sandboxes are just freedom-no-limitation games, like Minecraft (I think). My friends and I play Minecraft and there is this one mod that specifically has a modified sand block in it. If you can already guess, it’s called ‘snad’ and apparently makes cactus grow 100x faster and bigger. So I just swapped the ‘n’ and the ‘a’ and got Snadbox. Because ‘snad’ is better than sand, if you get the concept/idea.

Here is more information on Snadbox (DevLog).

"Thanks for reading!"
~ Holly!

Do you believe this game can fit in ROBLOX?
  • I believe this game can be a fit for ROBLOX!
  • no (why)

0 voters

From the content of Snadbox you saw, how is it? Consider the dates that were shown along with the content.

0 voters

15 Likes

This looks really cool! When I first saw “Snadbox” the first thing I thought was the Snad block (funny that that’s where that came from.) Honestly, I feel like there aren’t enough good roblox VR games, so this is going to be really cool!

Haha! Thanks for taking your time to take a look at Snadbox again! Your reply means a lot to our small team!

1 Like

This is amazing!!! cant wait!!!

1 Like