What are you working on currently? (2023)

I was thinking about using a mesh terrain. Have you considered splitting it into 5k tria subdivisions (60) and using a grid of meshed parts? I wonder what the performance would be like if only 9 of those parts were rendered at full lod at any one time? I don’t have much experience of Roblox, so it may be a bad idea, but if you have the time to experiment or someone else has the answer, I would be interested to hear.

4 Likes

waffle set yumyum :waffle:

14 Likes

I am currently working on a game inspired from a youtuber.

So theres a youtuber know as KreekCraft and he made a video where he talked about which youtubers he could be in a boxing match. So, since I want to find out, I made a game for it!

I’ve been working on it for about a month now.
I am currently finishing up the menu for the game!
I have also started making one of the first characters.

Maps:

Places:

And thats the stuff I have been working on!

6 Likes

Wowza this is extreme!

I myself am horrible at building.
So any pointers for making stuff like buildings, little props, etc would help me a lot lol.

I’ve been reading you posts for months!!
Also. What do you do with all the things you make?

2 Likes

So cool yo!
Did this game release yet? Cause I would love to play it!

1 Like

Unfortunately it has not! We are still working on the framework for VR Players.

If you would like more details

1 Like

Some updates!

21 Likes

Model of the day 18
Conference room

4 Likes

Probably a good pathfinding I made in JavaScript that is gonna be used for a game (see my past post to see a hint).

Here are the comparisons.

A*:

Modified version:

Kinda make NPCs less robotic.

12 Likes
5 Likes

I’ve been working on a datastore managment service using open cloud for a while now called DataMate. Similar to the plugin DataStore Editor.

You can try it our here:

4 Likes

Hello again,

Till now I was working on M14 Battle Rifle with internals.

I personally think it was way easier than I thought it would be but I think I can still improve is some things.
Here’s some experimental renders.

Experimental Renders

I think I should work on my rendering a lot since this looks like shit

Without renders it looks 10 times better but yeah my renders are just awful and probably ruined everything

And here’s the final render.
I know,I know this render looks like crap but it’s the best I could do rn lol

Sincerely,

6 Likes

Model of the Day 19
Fluorescent light

Portfolio: https://kristinaportfolio.carrd.co/
image-120~2

2 Likes

Just finished and uploaded a UGC model see it here - Candy Corn Head - Roblox

3 Likes

Working on a melee combat game inspired by Chivalry and Mordhau

Combat System + Fighting NPCs

Battering Ram + Explosive Ballista (The ram will be pushed by players or NPCs, not go by itself)

2 Likes

clown

8 Likes

Finishing up a soundtrack…

it’s now 47 minutes long :face_with_peeking_eye:

3 Likes

Decided to restart my project… again.

This attempt lasted a lot longer than the others, but I’m starting to wonder if I should just cut my losses and move on to something else.

2 Likes

I’ve thought about it and figured, I should try using the “Atmosphere” instance again. Though I was disappointed with how inflexible it was (and how much better my experience’s time-based lighting looked without it), now that I’ve noticed how good it looks in Royale High, I believe I’m going to give it a second chance.

I’ve replaced my experience’s unique city sky with a basic one, as atmosphere covers up the lower half of the skybox, covering the distant “buildings” with what looks like fog. After playing with its properties, I think I’ve picked the right settings for the look that I’m after. With very few changes, here’s what sunset looks like:

Not every time of day looks good with atmosphere, though; It looks like my baseplate is haunted or something at midnight now.

EDIT: I’ve added support for atmosphere to my smooth time-of-day script, and have started editing the “color”, “decay”, and “density” properties to improve how all parts of the day look. That debug feature that I added earlier this year really helped me quickly visualize and make changes in real time!

6 Likes

you should only use smooth on all sides n studs for top, inlet for bottom. i made the same mistake as you but i used universal everywhere instead cool besides that

1 Like