Snap - An advanced grid placement class v1.2

Nice job with the rotating placement grid!

Any chance Snap would support grid-intersection in the future? (Passing a table of parts, and, allowing rectangular hitboxes to be placed between multiple grids)

2 Likes

Do you have the building pieces folder inside of workspace?

1 Like

Yeah I have no clue what that is but the module is open source if you wanna take a stab at adding it, your more then welcome too

2 Likes

The Github page does not contain any Lua code, and the model is not listed on the Marketplace, could you please release this? It looks very interesting.

2 Likes

Ah it’s probably just my wording. This is what I’m trying to explain:

Placing in-between multiple aligned or unaligned placement grids

2 Likes

now yes, but error still there

1 Like

Send me the rbxl file so I can take a look its hard without actually seeing the game file

2 Likes

I would use this if it wasn’t bloated

wdym? im sorry, my english is too bad agian… ig

they are saying, do a File, Save as, so that you save it as a .rbxl file, then post it here, so that they can debug the issue. Then they can look at the problem.

sorry i wasnt on in a long time
ServerScriptService: Script:
Script Test delete.lua (548 Bytes)

Starterplayer: StarterCharacterScripts: LocalScript
LocalScript Test delete.lua (681 Bytes)

(i named them delete so that i know which one to Delete lol)

@astraIboy Can you make the module public?

Things to fix:

• Spelling mistakes in the documentation
  • Documentation and DevForum post not being in sync with the same instructions
  • BoundingBox not being anchored
  • BoundingBox transparency should be set to 0.9
  • Parts in the Documentation, DevForum post and the module that require the building pieces folder to be named buildingPieces exactly.

Things to add:

• Function to delete things like the things you’re able to place down
  • Function to delete a players plot data (so devs dont have to hardcode it themselves :sunglasses:)
1 Like

And I forgot to mention that you should make the Demo Place public and make it uncopylocked so that people can have an easier time using this module and learning how it works.

3 Likes

Does this module have mobile support?

1 Like

Yes it supports mobile natively, but you’ll have to create the buttons for like rotating, building etc

2 Likes

I had this working yesterday and then came back today to see it broken. Wish I could see the demo place so I can know how to actually fix it again

1 Like

Fixed it yesterday and then came back to it not working anymore with no further alterations. So I guess it works but there are bugs.

1 Like

Sorry I havent like revisited this in a loooooooong time, what issues are you having?

Basically the green grid is only appearing in some cases, with at random it decides to work and sometimes it doesn’t. I just think it would be useful to make the demo place public so I could see how to fix my issue.

1 Like