Snow Showcase: I need some feedback!

Hello! I have been working on this snow showcase for a while now. Everything that you can visually see, was me. I did the lighting using some ColorCorrection, I have a bit of blur, and some blue tinted fog to make this map feel winter-ish… Hope you like it… Here are a few shots of the map. Vote in my poll if the fogEnd property in lighting is to close to the camera, just right, or a bit to far!

• Fog end is too close to the camera…
  • Fog end is just right.
  • Fog end is to far…

0 voters

13 Likes

I feel like the fog looks fine, and the showcase itself is amazing. :+1:

4 Likes

The map is looking great so far! The terrain is on point, as well as the fog and falling snow. However, there is something that I believe should change, which are the trees. They look really simple compared to the extremely detailed terrain, with no texture or anything for the leaves and trunk. In addition, it kind of looks weird how there are trees that are fully bright green with all their leaves in a place that has a more grey scale and dull color.

But dang how did you make that terrain lol

1 Like

I use the “Add” tool in the terrain editor. I don’t use the grow tool like most builders of terrain do… I use the add tool for slopes, and other stuff.

1 Like

This looks awesome the terrain looks perfectly in harmony with the parts trees. But it should have more content. Like more houses and other things. Also shouldent the water be ice? :thinking:

The water looks good too. But not that realistic because it is water not ice. But its your game.

1 Like

This looks awesome. I agree with Fenix maybe the water should be ice it can give that winter/snow feeling.

Fog distance is spot on! The showcase its self is amazing! Great work.

Some of the lakes within the game are made of ice. And, this is just a portion of the map. I have started a city near the current area of complete terrain. Thanks for the advice! I will probably add a few more cabins or houses within the area!

2 Likes

Looks pretty good, you got a talent. For me personally, everything looks pretty good.

You did an outstanding job with the terrain! I would fail miserably trying to make the hills and mountains. How did you make the tip of the mountain so pointy? The smooth and add or erode tool would instantly ruin it!

It’s really great work, but what I really like is that it’s made by you. The bright future will be waiting for you.

Whoo, I don’t even know where to start! First of all, your landscaping is incredible! It looks so good! All the other models and everything else on the map matches with it. The ONE thing that just makes me think is that, if there is those snow particles coming down, granted I don’t know how many or how fast, shouldn’t there be a bit more fog? Anyways, that’s my view, good luck on your endeavors!

This is amazing, love the terrain works. The trees don’t look too bad. Also, I voted in the pole

Fog end is to far…

But I was actually ment to vote for

Fog end is just right.

All in all, I really love this, nice work.

I don’t like the mix of smooth material on the trees combined with the map, it does not look appealing. I would suggest making it grass material.

The fog is just right, I like it a lot. Great job!

Outstanding job on the map overall, however, I would suggest one thing. As mentioned by @ImAFatGuyLoLoL earlier, the trees could use some sort of texture and some more variety among them. From what I see from the screenshots provided, it seems you just copy and pasted the trees and angled them. Try adding some more branches and maybe bird nests scattered throughout. Hopefully this helps you improve your map, best of luck! :+1:

It reminds me of a freezing cold morning, good job! 9/10 :smile:

Nice showcase, but why water don’t change into ice? There is a lot snow around.

maybe you could add snow falling from the sky? it would greatly help the ambience to see snow falling around the player

I was going to add that once the map was finished. But thank you very much for the good idea! :smiley: