So i'm making a obby i could use some help

So I’m not fully sure this is the right category but here i go

I am about to start working on my first obby.
So i need to know the what to do’s and the what not to do’s
So i can make a good obby I plan to make it mainly a wrap around and spinning parts map
But that’s it.

1 Like

Do:
Make a skip stage
Make speed coil and power ups
MAYBE make Donation
MAYBE VIP
Don’t:
make it too hard
try to make it super complex that you can’t complete the project because you couldn’t script it

Thats all I guess

Here’s also something you should do, add a badge at the end to encourage players to beat the obby.

1 Like

This should be in #help-and-feedback:game-design-support
And here’s some advice. Don’t make it repetitive.
What do I mean? I mean don’t make the same course with the same act premise like constantly jumping across things for a long time.

1 Like

try getting players hooked with stages with unique challenges which don’t repeat too often and make sure it isn’t too hard but at least gives the player a bit of a challenge.

1 Like

I’m probably not gonna do the speed coil I plan to make jump boost and stuff thanks for the support

1 Like

I’m gonna do it like a difficulty chart obby Make it start out easy then let it get harder

I understand i would get bored myself testing it if it was just jumps

Maybe this Techy's Obby System - All your obby needs in one! [Includes Stage Selector] could help you. :wink: :+1:

Also How to create an obby, Part 1: Checkpoints system and lava bricks , Self Generating Obby and How to refine your "Obby" game! are usefull.

1 Like

thank you support is always enjoyed

2 Likes

Make sure the checkpoints save. Always a problem newcomers have when making their first obby.

1 Like

yes i plan to do this but i have a question should i make the obby then add the checkpoints or do it while im making the obby

1 Like

Whatever is easiest for you. Just don’t forget about it in the end! :+1:

1 Like

I would go for a unique obby which also is challenging, but that’s all up to you!

1 Like

General Tips

1. Don’t do luck based/ rng stages.
  2. Try to make users stay in your game for as long as possible. (remember premium payouts.)
  3. Make your stages challenging but not too hard unless the player has an option to do a harder version of the stage.
  4. Make sure there are no cheats that players could do to breeze through a stage that should normally take a while to complete.
  5. Try using custom psychical properties in some of your stages.
  6. Try not to make everything a complete surprise. (ex. you’re about to complete a stage but then something out of nowhere kills you.)
  7. Don’t make your game unfair. (read #6 example)
  8. Make your obby an obby that your player will remember and will want to play again.
1 Like