Sober - x86-64 Roblox build without Hyperion, run Roblox on Linux natively with up to twice the performance of native Windows!

ik this is kinda offtopic but:
why the photo with the dogs :sob: why was this added

10 Likes

The OP does this for every post they make

6 Likes

>see the feet pic
>uses windows instead of linux

cringe fake linux fan

5 Likes

No programming socks at all, geninuely shameful

14 Likes

No arm64 support :sob:

Cant we just use DARling? It takes less resources cuz macOS is also based on unix right?

closed source, so its probably a virus

1. The only reason I haven’t made the jump to Linux is because of Roblox (I copied this from someone here real). I really don’t want to go back to Windows.

Are you confident this will keep running for a while? And does it just work with Roblox, or does it support Roblox Studio as well?

If it does and it’s going to be stable for a long time, I’m ready to switch to Linux right now!

1 Like

they literally said its experimental

nice virus, all the strings are xor’d, i wonder why lmao. This guy is stupid, bitdancer can reverse his packed shit in under a few mins.

3 Likes

the same i didnot like every windows version after win7 and i still have no idea why roblox doesnot have native support to linux i mean they want roblox to be low end compatible right? if so low end devices will run worse on windows than linux (linux being a low end compatible os that doesnot have bloat)

the only reason that i can think of that make roblox not support linux is that it doesnot have big user base like windows/mac/android

because literally no one uses linux

You’d have to run it via Box64 but I doubt you’ll have a playable experience at all.

For general use? Yeah
For gaming? Mostly

1 Like

those stats look fake as hell i cant lie

1 Like

Linux is becoming a more appealing option for people because of how fast Windows is degrading. Lots of the misconceptions with Linux comes from inexperienced people trying to install distros like Arch (it took me, somebody experienced, upwards of a week to have everything perfect with support from a friend). If the next version of Windows is like 11 (bloated, full of AI crap, inconsistent) then I could see Fedora or Ub**tu taking over as people’s preferred OS.

4 Likes

https://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/Steam-Hardware-Software-Survey-Welcome-to-Steam

4 Likes

you can’t (gui support is rudimentary) and that’ll just add unnecessary overhead

3 Likes

you can remove the ai stuff on windows, and i’ve used linux extensively and while it does have a few advantages over windows, it makes doing seemingly simple things really difficult. Windows 11 is pretty good

1 Like

i havnot used linux before but win11 is really annoying and after i heared about linux features i just knew windows is very limited

• being forced to use edge
  • having the ai copilot thing by defualt
  • needing to disable alot of setting so microsoft doesnot collect most my data
  • having adds in the file explorer aka onedrive
  • being forced to create a microsoft account and no way to create local account on home edition
  • having the news idk even why it exist
  • not being able to modifie the appearance of the taskbar without 3rd party software
  • the start menu being bloated with adds when its first installed

with all of that remember that windows is a paid os and that linux is a opensource free os

using windows the os controls me and i canot control it like if i want to remove edge i should be able or if i want to change my taskbar color/position to bc its my pc these restrictions shouldnot even exist + alot more

and i think that the reason of why windows has the biggest market share is because most :computer: makers download windows by defualt and because its the first os that most people first used

3 Likes