Social Links - Discord/Twitter

Hello! I’ve noticed that in social links, you can’t say the word Discord but you can say the word Twitter. In games, you always see Twitter icons which usually make a code menu pop-up. I don’t have a Twitter so I was wondering if I could do it with Discord instead or if my game could get banned because of the word ‘Discord’.

Do you think my game could get banned from saying the word ‘Discord’ or using their logo? Please tell me what you think below; any comments will be helpful.

Many thanks,
WiseMatheu :slightly_smiling_face:

P.S. I’m not sure if this is the correct category so if it isn’t please tell me and I’ll move it right away!

3 Likes

If using the Discord logo is alright with Roblox, there are some branding rules regarding use of the logo.

More information can be found here:

1 Like

I believe your not allowed to mention social links outside of the social links, so you would be moderated for putting a Discord icon.

You can if you hide anything related to Discord or any other third party website using PolicyService.

Its because the twitter url is invalid try changing that to a valid url. Also the discord should work? Are you legit on the page or not? Did you get the url from a friend? Maybe the text is inappropriate?

The Twitter URL was just there to demonstrate that the word ‘Twitter’ doesn’t get moderated but the word ‘Discord’ does.

Try using: “Join our community server!” avoid the word discord

You’ll have to use PolicyService | Roblox Creator Documentation though, I’m not sure if you’re allowed to do it in game.

How come people use the Twitter logo for codes then?

1 Like

I want to use Discord’s logo and the word Discord in-game though, would that be allowed?

You can 100% do social links for over 13 users, its an official ROBLOX thing which appears in the game links.

Discords logo will be in the link, the word however cannot be.

Use PolicyService for that. Hide anything related to Discord with it.

So in studio, I can use their logo?

I am not 100% sure i think, i mean every time the game Islands updates they say join our discord on the in game update log gui with the logo. Check the roblox terms of use.

I wouldn’t just to be safe. A friend of mine received a warning (But luckily no account moderation.) For saying: “Join our community Disc to chat!”. They obviously meant Discord and Roblox didn’t like that, because that counts as bypassing the filters for Discord. Putting a Discord icon would likely result in moderation actions.

Okay, thanks for letting me know

This is because Roblox doesn’t want anyone hearing about Discord and the filter respects this.

Yes, it would probably get taken down.

Roblox doesn’t want anyone hearing about Discord

Why is it an option on the social links page then?