Social Links - Discord/Twitter

As this is only shown to over 13s.

Oh yeah @apoaddda mentioned that earlier.

(Social Links - Discord/Twitter - #11 by apoaddda)

It won’t if you would notice any of my previous replies and have known that PolicyService lets you mention Discord in-game.

However, before this wasn’t the case.

I don’t think it’d quite be taken down. At first, the game creator would likely just receive an account warning reminding them that this is not allowed on Roblox, asking them to remove it from the game. It may be temporarily unlisted and made private by Roblox until the developer removes it, yes, but multiple games have had Discord logos and even servers in their game and only received an account warning.

Even then, PolicyService can be used to show it to 13+ users only and allow people to mention it in-game, as said above.

That’s basically the same as getting taken down.

So it would eventually be banned or just unlisted?

This policy was only implemented recently.

So if I use code to show it to 13+ users, I’ll be fine?

1 Like

Only if you use ExternalLinkReferences in PolicyService.

1 Like

I am aware of that. I just figured I should clarify that since some people are unaware. It was also said above.

Maybe it just wasn’t enforced.

Twitter logos are allowed I believe, it’s only Discord that aren’t (without policyservice).

Do you think it’s Roblox or Discord that’s decided this?

Edit: If this is the case, then why would Discord not want to basically get free advertising?

Roblox, as they use to not even allow references to Discord (no links until social links were introduced).

You got any idea why? It could be because Roblox has an official Twitter but not an official Discord? So maybe they just don’t like Discord…

The most likely reason for this is that Discord is 13+ (different in different countries) and is known for scams.

Twitter is 13+ though so I don’t think it’s that

However, you don’t need an account to view tweets. Also, Discord does not have a good report feature while Twitter does.

Good point, so now we’ve established that it is not okay to use the Discord logo or the word ‘Discord’ unless you use ExternalLinkReferences in PolicyService. What shall I display for under 13 users because the box which the logo will go in is a square?