Social Links - Discord/Twitter

you signify your agreement to these Terms and the following, all of which are incorporated by reference and shall be included within the definition of Terms: (a) the Developer Exchange (" DevEx ") Terms of Use, (b) the Roblox Community Rules, and (c) Roblox Name And Logo - Community Usage Guidelines.

This makes it more of a legal contract since the community rules is included in ToS.

However, they clarify every other piece in the community rules.

However younger players won’t see anything and may get confused.

1 Like

I have to go now, but I’ll look at all the new messages tomorrow, cya! Also, thanks everyone for replying. :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m… not sure that’s an accurate interpretation of that. I would have to speak to an actual lawyer or law practitioner about that, so it’s fine no need to worry about that. This seems like unnecessary pedantry, so let’s get away from focusing on a word. It takes away from the rest of what I’m saying. My point is that it does not need to be written down for it to be ruled against. Context matters heavily to moderation.

Really I don’t think it’d be that much effort to provide a statement or just say you don’t have one. I’m looking for an actual, substantial, official commentary that Discord is no longer blanket banned. Discord is whitelisted as a link for the Social Media tab and respect Policy APIs is primarily for global compliance purposes (which is also why PolicyService exists). It says nothing about the rules about Discord or links in general being changed.

I’m not so sure you’re giving accurate answers.

1 Like

If you’re not showing any bit of an invite link or any possible way for someone under the age of 13 to access it, you’ll be fine even without policyservice. For the longest time I’ve just said “Join our community server in the description” and it’s been completely fine. You don’t even need the discord logo for the code button, it could be something you made yourself.

This is incorrect, any mention of Discord to under 13s is banned.

It’s completely fine to mention Discord as long as you are not giving away invites from the game itself, sort of like a bypass like “join this .gg/invite” in the description or in-game.

Apologies, but I think you missed this part

And this part.

As long as you never mention discord or show any form of invite link, they cannot do anything to you. I’ve had numerous people in a game with these methods, and nothing has been done to me, because I’m not breaking any rules. There’s literally no mention to discord lol.

Actually, in some countries the Discord age limit is higher meaning you’ll have to use PolicyService.

I said your not allowed to even say ‘Discord’ in a game.

A little bit confused on why you even pointed that out when I already stated it, but be my guest. I’m sure I caught that part if I’ve been doing this safely for so long :slight_smile:

This just relates back to what I said here, I don’t see any valid argument here tbh so I won’t continue.

Just replace 13 with the age of your choice.

Using PolicyService is better since min age is 16 in some countries. Also, you can’t get a player’s age.

I know this, everything related to age in what I said was completely variable, which means it can apply to literally ANY age. I wasn’t like “Hey no need to use policyservice, just jump straight into posting links and whatever”, I was trying to say “Hey, you don’t need to use PolicyService, but at the slight off-hand of needing to reword things / not show any bit of links”

If someone doesn’t know what PolicyService is, this advice will hold up just fine because I’ve literally been doing this not even knowing that PolicyService was a thing lol.

This sums up everything in this topic:

• Respect Policy APIs . If your game or experience contains certain elements such as random items, paid item trading, or external link references, you must use the relevant Roblox PolicyService APIs to ensure these elements are only available to suitable players. You may also be required to use Roblox PolicyService APIs if you want your game or experience to be available in certain regions. The full list of PolicyService APIs along with required uses (which may be updated by Roblox on an ongoing basis) can be found here.

Here’s Pet Simulator X (not the one by BIG Games) bypassing the rule lol. It is clever but against the Roblox TOS.

Edit: They’ve changed it now

A bit of an old thread here but I just want to revisit some of the remarks I made throughout this thread.

I talked to some people who are able to authoritatively answer this question and what I’ve provided throughout this thread is incorrect. You can in fact use PolicyService to display Discord information if a player’s policies permit it. In all other cases, it is still outlawed - that has not changed. Anyone who previously responded this way throughout the thread was right.

There isn’t an official announcement or correction on this yet other than the community rules being updated, albeit quietly, to state this. So yes indeed the quoted point in the community rules is a valid take on this question and is definitive policy. I was incorrect in refuting them and primarily worked on the basis of old knowledge - I apologise for contributing to an extended debate on this thread.

4 Likes