Social Media Links

13 + you have to be that age or have a phone number and your birth to see if your really 13 not under 12+ 10+ if i’m wrong correct me please.

YouTube links should also be whitlelisted

2 Likes

I don’t understand what you mean by that. Do you mean that in terms of creating an account?

Yes, you need to be 13+ to create a Twitter account, but I’m saying you don’t have to just to visit Twitter.

You have to be 13+ to create a account but you can visit peoples stuff you don’t have to be no age to visit only for sign up.

That’s right you have to be 13+ to have twitter that’s what it says.

Obviously they can’t enforce this rule for users who haven’t got an account but it isn’t for use for users under 13

3 Likes

Enforcing it isn’t my point. It’s just the fact that it’s there. But the point was made that Twitter is an open platform and you can view stuff without an account anyway. So disregard everything I said above because it’s irrelevant now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think we should stick with Roblox Groups for now.
Twitter states that it is meant for users who are above 13, and letting under 12 players getting onto the platform, which violates Twitter’s Terms of Service, as said by @uJordy.
Still, I think it’s a good idea!

YouTube is another important one to have for kids under 13. The original post mentions that social links are only available to 13+ for compliance reasons; however, these links are already viewable by 12- in place descriptions.

6 Likes

However, there is one issue that’s still waiting to be adressed. Whenever I say the word discord in a game or on a PM it always gets tagged. This is so frustrating especially when your trying to give people invite codes, and/or announcing that you have a discord serve for the particular group or game. Could anyone fix and/or update me on the status of this issue?

This isn’t an issue. Discord links and directing users to Discord through chat or any other form of communication is still against Roblox’s rules. The Discord links you can add to your places and games are controlled to only display for certain users, while chats, descriptions, and other text boxes do not hold the same restrictions.

You should not be directing users to Discord through links or invite codes in any form of chat. Social links have had a lot of success from what I’ve seen, so there should be no reason to have your links anywhere else.

1 Like

Well an option for Instagram ever be added? I would love to see this. Roblox has their own official Instagram account and it’s kind of a bummer that we aren’t allowed to link our own Instagram accounts associated with development on Roblox.

5 Likes

True that would be nice to have i hope they put all different social medias in ‘Roblox’ setting because people.Will probably not have the social medias they have there the person will have more then just 4 of them but, yea that will be awesome if they added all the social medias!!!

Why can you however, say for Example Twitter or such? I’ve seen many people doing that.

Because Twitter is explicitly allowed to be linked to.

Offsite website links, services, and additional 3rd party content are not permitted on Roblox with the following exceptions: YouTube, Twitter, Twitch. Users under the age of 13 are not permitted to share YouTube, Twitter, Twitch links for their privacy and safety.

Outside links to services like third-party blogs, Discord, etc. are not allowed on the Roblox platform. Social Links visibility is strictly managed by Roblox and allows exceptions for pre-approved links displayed only the way Roblox wants them displayed.

Why cant the word discord be not filtered for users that are 13+? I feel common sense needs to be approached more. Common sense says filter everything to under 13+ and words like twitter, discord, etc not filtered to users that are 13+. Lets have some realistic steps to this.

9 Likes

I think a way to add more than one link per social media type would be great. I own a group with @Nyapaw , and we’d like to add both of our Twitter accounts to our games.

3 Likes

They already said several times in this thread that they are working on that

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.